Finally Up And Running..

Tag2008

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Ive finally managed to get my rio up and running, got a new brace fitted today and new lighting and a filter to start the cycle.... thought Id never get it going but its filled and seems fine so far...

I had a hicup when the top brace bar came off and snapped at the gripping end but managed to get a new one from ebay and super glued it in place so fingers crossed it wont snap!!

Once ive cycled I have 2 severums to put in the tank and Id like something that will live with the severums, I hoped to get an electric blue JD but doubt im going to get one going by what tri mar tells me and my LFSs' Im not looking for many fish but wondered if a pair of Kribs would live with severums? If not what do you guys reccomend for tank mates for severums in a rio 300. Id welcome some decorating suggestions too we have just made a simple cave so far and added some silk plants we had to take the bare-ness away a little.... :rolleyes:

Also a reccomended couple of fish to clean up? would you say bristle noses were the best for cleaning up? or some corries?

Tag

Tank2Rio300.jpg

um, sharks and gouramis both worked with my severums really good, avoid small fish, severums get hungry, so if the severums are already a decent size make sure u dont get small sharks cuz before they can grow they will become food. check out gouramis, lots of types around. my personal 3 favorite fish are sharks gouramis and severums, so thats my suggestion. if u do that, get more plants and some caves or something for them to hide in. hopefully this will get u some replies too.

murphy

Most reactions

Back