Finally She Said Yes!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Well after seeing a group of Discus in an aquarium lately, they would be my choice.

That or a bircher tank (that tank is wide enough right?)

Angels and some interesting catfish? Bit of a biotope thing.

Not a bad idea will look at some L numbers

pffft, couldn't you have found something bigger?

er not of the shelf others are custom made on site which means more money

Well after seeing a group of Discus in an aquarium lately, they would be my choice.

That or a bircher tank (that tank is wide enough right?)

I have a tank full of discus already

Use the 250 as a sump

Its too tall and i dont fancy drilling a 800l tank thats asking for trouble lol

Congratulations!

I suspect I'm not the only person who is feeling a small amount of fish keepers envy at the moment. As for what to do I'd advocate a planted community with a dirt based substrate. You'll get great growth without adding to add liquid ferts. Ferts which would cost a small fortune for a tank of that size!

Just my two pennies

You need to hurry up and decide so we can turn our jealousy into excitement over photos or a journal :hyper:

I like the Mbuna idea. With crushed coral and sand made for african cichlid tanks, it's doable. MY pH settles at 7.0 but my Mbuna tank is holding at 8.2 thanks to calcium based sand :)

As said in the 1st post think im about with cichlids i still have far too many, im after some species that i might not have thought about :good:

Time scale wise will not be good selling a 400bhp car when petrol is £1.50 is not easy and then the tank is 6-8 week wait. It does give time to research mind and ofc i will be doing a photo build

done with cichlids?

hmmmmm.....clown loach shoal with something top-dwelling?

You could do an amazing "Congo Rapids" tank in a 96x24x24, something like this...

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1FCS3UjA5U[/video]

done with cichlids?

hmmmmm.....clown loach shoal with something top-dwelling?

sorry yes meant done with cichlids, ah you see i always wanted clown loach but know they like to be in tank of 6+and they get a fair size good job

copy cat xD

My clowns do rock, i've often pondered changing my plans from a large loach tank to mbuna setup, but i've grown kind of attached to the loaches now. I'm up to 17 clowns and 10 zebras and i'd like to think i'll be able to keep them for years :> You would be wise to keep a second large tank, just for emergencies. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back