Finally She Said Yes!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BigbruiserAl

I ain't gettin on no plane fool
Reaction score
No no she not going to become Mrs BBA yet but i have worn her down and agreed to sell my ridiculously quick car in exchange for a ND aquatics tank so I'm thinking

http://www.ndaquatics.co.uk/?pg=details&ii=24

Ill move 3 of my tetratc 1200 over that should do and i have 2 hydor 300w externals

Now i have no clue what to do with a 800L tank so after some suggestions please last time i did this people named fish i have never heard of which opened my eyes :good:

No discus,piranha Oscars,Congo,apisto and no 2,000 neon tanks :good:

Wow Al, an 8x2x2!?

I wouldnt even know where to begin stocking that beast, I mean I love dwarf cichlids and would have loads of pairs but I know youve had enough of apistos etc

Do you want a community thing or...

I think if i were you Id sell up the filters you have and get a couple fx5s on it

utter git, i'm getting the same tank but i've more work to do on my missus yet :/

PS nice big mbuna tank with shed loads of fish :)

getting the stand too? or DIY job ?

Wow Al, an 8x2x2!?

Do you want a community thing or...

I think if i were you Id sell up the filters you have and get a couple fx5s on it

I have no idea to go huge community or a few big uns thats why im fishing (exuse the pun) for ideas. I did think of 2 FX5 but i will have 3 of the tetra's doing nothing and there not worth anything 2nd hand. 3 of the give 2,800(actual) LPH so not to bad as i already have them.

utter git, i'm getting the same tank but i've more work to do on my missus yet :/

PS nice big mbuna tank with shed loads of fish :)

getting the stand too? or DIY job ?

should have said my ph settles at 6.8 so mbuna not a option, i was going DIY stand then i thought err the tank wont be far of a ton in weight when all said and done. Now that would be a big mess so ND said they will deliver the stand ready made so i can get set up on same day so for the money i get one from them lol

I'd love the problem you have :good:

I think I'd be tempted to do a biotype just not sure which one...

I know that only having a few 'larger' fish wouldn't interest me half as much as a tank with a more community feel so I think I'd try either a region of South America, a West African or even an Asian biotype with some smaller inhabitants, not neccessarily too stictly cos with the room you have you could have a hommage to different biotypes like a planted side and a rocky side. Too much choice ....

Now there's an idea just do a Sulawesi biotype and fill it with shrimp ;)

Now there's an idea just do a Sulawesi bio type and fill it with shrimp ;)

Don't tempt me the spare 250l tank should really sell it but i keep thinking a have about 50 bits of bog-wood that i have collected over the years, i could dump it in there and pour my 100 or so cherry shrimp in and see if they have a population explosion :good:

spare 250l tank should really sell it but i keep thinking a have about 50 bits of bog-wood that i have collected over the years, i could dump it in there and pour my 100 or so cherry shrimp in and see if they have a population explosion :good:

Just think... If you did that and grew some nice mosses in there too, then the proceeds from selling the resulting shrimp and excess moss would cover your fishkeeping running costs and put some money towards a replacement fast car (thats the story I'd tell the missus anyways)

1 ghost shrimp. Overstocked already anything else and it's a recipe for disaster.

1 ghost shrimp. Overstocked already anything else and it's a recipe for disaster.
no I reckon he could put a single male betta in there too... although he'd have to really keep on top of the water changes cuz it's right on the boundary of being unsuitable. ;) :lol:

Angels and some interesting catfish? Bit of a biotope thing.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back