Finally got the hillstream tank up and running...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

WhistlingBadger

Professional Cat Herder
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I'll do a proper build journal about this one a bit further down the road. For now, I'm happy to finally have the basic setup running. Only mosses so far. More plants coming in soon. Stocking will include hillstream loaches, glowlight danios, odessa barbs, and a firebelly toad.

Two powerheads, actually!
Cool! Was the second power head always there or was it added to give the water flow you wanted? If the second power hear was original how did you get your desired flow?

LOL! I say this tongue in cheek but I trust that, with the holes in the PVC, you realize that have actually set up pockets of the dreaded under gravel filtration...
hysterical.gif

Cool! Was the second power head always there or was it added to give the water flow?

LOL! I say thin tongue in cheek but I trust that, with the holes in the PVC, you have actually set up pockets of the dreaded under gravel filtration... View attachment 313990
I put in a second powerhead to increase flow. Might be too much of a good thing--the hillstream loaches will love it, but my schoolers will have to be triathlete-level. The way the second powerhead is pushing the sand around, I think I'm going to have some undergravel filtration without even trying to. ha ha

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back