🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Fawke

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Down a dark hole... Down a dark hole... with an ow
Hi there,

I have finally got 3 more Pictus to keep my current one company :)

They are in QT for 2 weeks and then they will be in my main tank! Sorry, this may be a pretty pointless thread but i thought id share it all with you :) im happy :D

I have been waiting a while for my LFS to get some in, and i got a call the other day to say they had some.
I went in to have a look and they have some real nicely marked ones in..... so i bought 3!
I should have a nice little shoal of them now and my tank back on track :)

Cheers

:)

Cool,

I have always fancied pictus but was put off for some reason that I have forgotten now.

Congratulations, I am sure your older one will be very happy with some friends.

:)

Thanks CS :)

If you do remember the reason for not getting any, do let me know..... i love thses fish and cannot think of anything bad to say? Apart from them eating smaller fish, but whoever puts a predetary catfish in with something that can fit in their mouth, is asking for troubl IMO....

Thanks again :D

Fawke said:
If you do remember the reason for not getting any, do let me know..... i love thses fish and cannot think of anything bad to say? Apart from them eating smaller fish, but whoever puts a predetary catfish in with something that can fit in their mouth, is asking for troubl IMO....
Yeah, I learned that the hard way several years ago. :S

I was off to get two cory catfish for my community tank and I saw these really cool pictus cats so I got 2 of them instead. Well two days later I am missing a danio and I noticed one of the catfish had a awfully large belly in the shape of a little danio. One by one they were gone. I now know pictus eat the smaller fish.

They are very cool in a tank without fish that can fit in their mouth! :rolleyes:

Enjoy!

Most reactions

Back