Finally Decided To Go Community... And Mainly Gourami!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Reaction score
so ive decided to go community with my 90litre tank... i currentlly have 1 dwarf gourami (aswell as 2 catfish nd a plec) and i was wondering would i have to group the gouramis? e.g. could i have say 2 dwarf and 2 gold/opaline.... or would this cause hassle?

and i really want a group of small corys... would this be a prob?

i am aware that community tanks are generally peacefull but i dont wana just add anything :p

p.s how many fish could i stock?? (i have a fluval u3 filter)

It's only been a few hours, I am sure some people will reply.

I am no expert on Gouramis.
But there shouldn't be a problem keeping them with Cory's.

so ive decided to go community with my 90litre tank... i currentlly have 1 dwarf gourami (aswell as 2 catfish nd a plec) and i was wondering would i have to group the gouramis? e.g. could i have say 2 dwarf and 2 gold/opaline.... or would this cause hassle?

i am aware that community tanks are generally peacefull but i dont wana just add anything :p

You could add 1 more Dwarf Gourami to make 1 male 1 female. But you wouldn't be able to add any other species to the tank (unless a big tank) because the the Dwarf Gourami males which are usually aggressive with other gouramis. Gold/Opaline Gouramis are too big for your tank so that would have been a no-no anyway. On the other hand, if you returned/rehomed your current Dwarf Gourami, you could get a nice big group of the much more peaceful Honey Gourami. But both species would be OK with Corys anyway.

I could help you develop a stocking list if you post your current tank stocking. ;)
Carl

You could add 1 more Dwarf Gourami to make 1 male 1 female. But you wouldn't be able to add any other species to the tank (unless a big tank) because the the Dwarf Gourami males which are usually aggressive with other gouramis. Gold/Opaline Gouramis are too big for your tank so that would have been a no-no anyway. On the other hand, if you returned/rehomed your current Dwarf Gourami, you could get a nice big group of the much more peaceful Honey Gourami. But both species would be OK with Corys anyway.

I could help you develop a stocking list if you post your current tank stocking. ;)
Carl

cheers fella much appreciated! :)

all of my stock is interchangeable.... but i have a striped catfish (2-3inches atm), bumblebee cat (2inches max atm), 1 common plec (on loan for cleanin purposes :p), 1 red tail black shark (on loan also for cleaning purposes until i get the corys) and 1 neon dwarf gourami... who always flares at me when its feed time!! hes 1 grumpy fish :lol:

i seen some red honey gouramis at my lfs last week and i wanted to buy them there and then but i was lookin after some fish for my girlfriend and by the time i gave them back they was gone :( i also like the blue rams (think theyre czech rams) at my LFS.....

any ideas on setups wud be awesome :good:

Carl

cheers fella much appreciated! :)

all of my stock is interchangeable.... but i have a striped catfish (2-3inches atm), bumblebee cat (2inches max atm), 1 common plec (on loan for cleanin purposes :p), 1 red tail black shark (on loan also for cleaning purposes until i get the corys) and 1 neon dwarf gourami... who always flares at me when its feed time!! hes 1 grumpy fish :lol:

i seen some red honey gouramis at my lfs last week and i wanted to buy them there and then but i was lookin after some fish for my girlfriend and by the time i gave them back they was gone :( i also like the blue rams (think theyre czech rams) at my LFS.....

any ideas on setups wud be awesome :good:
OK, you'd need to remove the Striped Catfish (aka Raphael Catfish), the RTBS, the Common Pleco and the Dwarf Gourami. You could do this:
6 Honey Gourami (2 male, 4 female)
6 Cardinal Tetras
6 Panda Corys
4 Amano Shrimps (algae eater)
2 German Blue Rams (1 male 1 female)

I'll see what my LFS has in stock but id probably find it hard to get females :/ they usually just stock males because most are more colourful....

i mite try have a look online for websites who offer a larger variety and who deliver, do u know any good 1's? :)

I'll see what my LFS has in stock but id probably find it hard to get females :/ they usually just stock males because most are more colourful....

i mite try have a look online for websites who offer a larger variety and who deliver, do u know any good 1's? :)
http://www.tropicalfishfinder.co.uk/stores_productsinfo.asp?store=6&prod=197
http://www.tropicalfishfinder.co.uk/stores_productsinfo.asp?store=54&prod=2228

:D
In the first link, the fish are cheaper but you can't pick the sex of the fish you buy
In the second link, you have the option of picking the sex of the gouramis you want, though its more expensive. Just saying... :shifty:

In the first link, the fish are cheaper but you can't pick the sex of the fish you buy
In the second link, you have the option of picking the sex of the gouramis you want, though its more expensive. Just saying... :shifty:

ill be usin the 2nd link but i just hope i dont get screwed over coz i wont be able to tell the difference :p prob order all my fish from that site although im having doubts about the rams as their care level is classed as difficult :blink:

ill be usin the 2nd link but i just hope i dont get screwed over coz i wont be able to tell the difference :p prob order all my fish from that site although im having doubts about the rams as their care level is classed as difficult :blink:
If your having doubts over the Blue Ram then go for the Bolivian Ram instead, they are easier to care for :good:

If your having doubts over the Blue Ram then go for the Bolivian Ram instead, they are easier to care for :good:
anything i could put in there instead of a ram? :rolleyes:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back