Final Stocking After Long Long Last

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

noobgamers

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
ok set my eyes on a tank I want will be using 2 inches of black sand for plants 1 bunch of elodea densa 1 bunch of cabomba (well it looks like cabomba but might be something similar) anubais nana, java fern, java moss, water lettuce, cryptcoryne wendtii, vallis(don't know what species yet whatever is cheap that isn't giant vallis), hairgrass, saggitaria sabulta (I think its something that has survived in the darkest area of my 40 gallon for 5 months so its gotta be durable)  the lighting will be 2x 15 watt t5 tubes 6700k wont have any ferts or co2 injection.
for fish I was thinking
9 neon tetra
7 platys(male so a bit smaller)
8 corydoras habrosus v
1 betta male no specific color just whatever looks nice on the day I like yellow but I have a feeling my lfs wont have that.
3 tiger nertie snails
5 amanoi shrimp

plz put forward any improvements you may have srry for any spelling mistakes as am using a laptop insyead of my usual desktop
oh and the filter will be fluval u2 filter a 150watt heater and the tank will be 24 x 12 x 15 width time depth times height

I think that would all work well except for the betta! People do put bettas with other fish but from personal experience it didn't work for me. My first betta I tried with neons and he killed everyone of them, I found him swimming around with one in his mouth, it was awful. My second betta I put with XL cory that were double the size of him, they did good for a month together, he didn't bother them but all of a sudden he got territorial and spent all day chasing them around so I gave him back to the pet store. The only thing he'd do well with there are the snails because he wont be able to get at them.

I love betta's there just not good community fish.

Elena said:
I think that would all work well except for the betta! People do put bettas with other fish but from personal experience it didn't work for me. My first betta I tried with neons and he killed everyone of them, I found him swimming around with one in his mouth, it was awful. My second betta I put with XL cory that were double the size of him, they did good for a month together, he didn't bother them but all of a sudden he got territorial and spent all day chasing them around so I gave him back to the pet store. The only thing he'd do well with there are the snails because he wont be able to get at them.

I love betta's there just not good community fish.
i think ill do a spotted headstnader instead as they cna be kept singly

I'd be interested to hear how you get on with 7 male platies.  I've had nothing but trouble with my male platies being kept in two's or three's.  I've given up on keeping male platies, decided I much prefer females!

daizeUK said:
I'd be interested to hear how you get on with 7 male platies.  I've had nothing but trouble with my male platies being kept in two's or three's.  I've given up on keeping male platies, decided I much prefer females!
well i thought the betta would distract them from their personal squables

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back