Filtration For A 65 Gallon?

Kelsyann

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Apr 6, 2009
Messages
128
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Just bought a 65US gallon tank and I'm not sure what the best filtration would be for it. All my other tanks have HOB filters, but I'm thinking of going external this time. I plan on stocking with Angles and some other peaceful community fish. I need the filter first to begin my cycle though! Any suggestions are welcome :D
 
Good externals aren't hard to find, but some are better than others. I only have firsthand ecperience with my Marineland Magnum 350 convertable that I've had for 8 years. I haven't had to replace it yet and it gets the job done, so I would definately recommend it. I had to change things around a bit though as when you get it, it comes with a micron mechanical filter (think pool filter insert) and nothing for the biological part. I took out that part of the filter and in it's place I added a nice handful of bio-chem stars and a load of filter sponge making it one huge bio-filter.

I have heard various other things about other canisters, but I can't really comment on them because I've never used them.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top