Filtration Filtration Filtration , To Much ? Your Opinion Wanted

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Shaun727

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
So i just purchased my external filter i got a good discount with it been cyber Monday 

Its is a all pond solutions EFX 2000L/H in addition to this later i will be getting a APS EF-2 Filter Booster canister 2.3L

The filter canister is where i plan on doing all if my mechanical filtration adding a top layer to it of poly filter to "polish" the water
its also supposed to be a good alternative for carbon

Back into the main filter the EFX 2000 will be filled with Bio home ultimate ruffly 3~4 KG 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYk5UXaRV94
This will explain what the media is if you don't know i used this in my old tank and highly recommend this stuff 

And then attached to the return flow i was thinking of adding a All Pond Solutions CUV-118 18w UV Light Sterilizer 

I plan on having my tank planted using a layer of Tropica Plant Substrate and then sand on top 
​i don`t plan on doing a heavily planted tank no carpet plants i do plan on using liquid C02 and iron 
what am unsure about is this level of filtration too much for the plants will it not leave what they need behind or will the 
fertilizer and C02 cover this ?

You may wish to add a link to this topic from the planted chit chat, as primarily your queries seem to be related to the plants. I guess it would help to know the size of the aquarium? I have looked at this media before, and plan to get some at some point, so good to hear you rate it. You will need to add a series of sponges along with the media, as recommended, to prevent this media becoming clogged. Beware of placing sand on top of the substrate as it will soon sink through, I put some JBL florabase beneath different substrates, including sand, and you can see how this was done, in the link in my footer re: Juwel Vision 180 ... Not sure I would do this again though, preferring root tabs or similar. Look forward to seeing pictures as your plans develop.

What are your fish plans?

It's a juwel rio 240 and for fish am thinking of dwarf gourami but with this virus that's going round am unsure I would like a clean up crew of amano shrimp Julie Corys and some kuhli loach as for more option for display fish I think a ruby shark would look stunning

This will explain what the media is if you don't know i used this in my old tank and highly recommend this stuff
I also use BioHome media.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back