Filters?

goosej13

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Oct 24, 2007
Messages
123
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hey guys... Im looking to buy a new canister filter... just I don't know what one i wanna get... money isn't an issue but i don't need one overkill... i just have an oscar tank with one oscar... and a pleco... its a 55 gal tank.... I want a really decent filter... im looking at eheim fluval and xp3's or xp4's... Can you guys give me pros and cons... thanks
Goose
 
if you plan on keeping an oscar and a pleco I would go as big as possible because both fishes create a lot of waste.
Eheims and Fluvals are both pretty good. I personally prefer the Fluvals over Eheims because they are a lot cheaper where I am. However, they are pretty close to each other in quality. Eheim usually do a ceramic impellor shaft, whereas Fluval normally do a stainless steel shaft. The ceramic can break more easily but doesn't wear as readily. I found Fluvals a little easier to get appart and clean but it depends on the actual model.

Your best bet would be to go into a petshop and get them to show you both models and see how easy they are to take apart and clean. You can also look for spare filter sponges to go in them to help trap more gunk from the fish.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top