Filter

23Kim

New Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2009
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
West Midlands UK
Hi, I've just bought a new 25L tank. I already have a 60L tank up and running. Is there a way I can speed up the cycle in my new tank by using my old tank? Thanks.
 
instead of gravel just run the new filter in the existing tank for about 6-8 weeks and then go buy some fish, on the day you buy some switch the filter over to the 25 for a couple of hours,
 
Thanks, but I have just ran the filter in my old tank and have found out it is way too strong for a Betta because I have a Betta in my old tank and he was getting pulled towards the filter so I have taken it out :(
 
Nope, nothing to reduce the current :( Maybe I should just buy a less powerful one? It's just a bit annoying, lol.
 
first, try aiming the current directly at the glass and see if that helps, so the filter is sitting on say the left hand side glass and then the nozzle is pointing directly 1-2 inch away from the glass
 
I don't know how thats possible because the filters stuck onto the side of the tank and the outflow is pointing out into the open water...? Maybe I'm just confused? lol.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top