filter screens to shrimp proof

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

?
oh if i stretch it out it is really thin
well anyways, i ordered 2 packs of fluval 50 aqua clear sponges and ill trim em and put them on the filter.
Yes good idea too if of very fine ppi like 30 or better 45.

thanks. iā€™m going to replace old internal filter with 2 sponge filters ( the kind that plug inšŸ”Œ
wish me luck.
ughhh- the place i ordered the sponge filter from is in China. donā€™t know how i missed that. tomorrow my amano shrimp arrive. iā€™ll cover current filter. shouldā€™ve know the lowest price is too good to be true. $12.99 VS $20+ in other shops.

ughhh- the place i ordered the sponge filter from is in China. donā€™t know how i missed that. tomorrow my amano shrimp arrive. iā€™ll cover current filter. shouldā€™ve know the lowest price is too good to be true. $12.99 VS $20+ in other shops.
the quality should be fine, i ordered a lot of stuff from china and all of it works perfectly
shipping fees tho

the quality should be fine, i ordered a lot of stuff from china and all of it works perfectly
shipping fees tho
my main concern is how long it takes to arrive. i mean so much comes from China , but stuff directly from China- longer times. understandable. i wish our country had better relations with China. can you imagine what would happen if we couldnā€™t get all the ā€œmade in China ā€œ items. šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

my main concern is how long it takes to arrive. i mean so much comes from China , but stuff directly from China- longer times. understandable. i wish our country had better relations with China. can you imagine what would happen if we couldnā€™t get all the ā€œmade in China ā€œ items. šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
what part of US are you in? want guppies? ;)

took a month-no like a few months when i ordered off Ali express

CA.
sure?
well thatā€™s quite a distance ;). how are you in CA covid wise- were you near fires. from afar it sounds like your state has had a rough year. are you near ocean. my dream is to see the pacific. especially Pffeiffer Beach- Keyhole rock šŸ„°

I use the fine mesh filter media bags over the inlets of the filters I am worried about. You can get black ones that do not cost much, they don't clog as frequently as the foam does, and they are super easy to clean. You can increase the surface area by placing plastic bioballs in the bag to before putting it over the end of the filter intake.

I use the fine mesh filter media bags over the inlets of the filters I am worried about. You can get black ones that do not cost much, they don't clog as frequently as the foam does, and they are super easy to clean. You can increase the surface area by placing plastic bioballs in the bag to before putting it over the end of the filter intake.
hi
i found some mesh bags i had bought to fill with charcoal to use instead of using buying cartridges. they are working and i ordered another sponge filter that will arrive sooner.
i canā€™t track the China shipment- i mean no detail so not sure when it will get here. shrimp arrived today. amano shrimp.

hi- the tank is 30 gallon high, there are3 rainbow darters adult size will be 2-21/2ā€, 3 least darters- adult size 1 1/2ā€ and one blue spotted sunfish 3yrs old mature size 2 1/2ā€.
Well, given that I know how sunfish hunt, and that these are cold water stream-dwelling fish, the shrimp are probably all dead. If you want crustaceans, maybe try crayfish.

Well, given that I know how sunfish hunt, and that these are cold water stream-dwelling fish, the shrimp are probably all dead. If you want crustaceans, maybe try crayfish.
itā€™s a blue spotted sunfish - also freshwater. heā€™s about 1 1/2ā€ full grown and very timid.
i ā€˜ve had him/her for almost 3 years. hardly see it. my least darters are half its size and no interest in anyone in the tank.

itā€™s a blue spotted sunfish - also freshwater. heā€™s about 1 1/2ā€ full grown and very timid.
i ā€˜ve had him/her for almost 3 years. hardly see it. my least darters are half its size and no interest in anyone in the tank.
shrimp not dead. :)

shrimp not dead. :)
Shrimp conundrum!
hello to everyone who had helped with my shrimp questions.
well i canā€™t find my amano shrimp that arrived yesterday. so i feel bad not to mention i spent a lot of money.
sooo i am converting my 10 gallon tank into shrimp only. too late to cancel sponge filters.
so i have the tank and lid, and sponge filter.
what is best substrate? if gravel what size?
java moss? or which plants? probably will buy decor. i have 2 coconut huts for my birds. well other than pooping on them the finches wont go under them. i have tried sand papering the poo off. itā€™s like hard water white stuff on my sink faucets. aka how to clean these things and if clean are they a good idea? i could buy plastic or ceramic decor.
and if you never hear from me again, my husband probably went ballistic seeing another fish tank!šŸ˜‰ or and this is hard i could forget keeping shrimp altogether.
yeah i said that about native north american fish and now i have 7 in a 30 gallon tank!
help!šŸ˜†

Most reactions

trending

Back