Filter Media

Helen G

Fishaholic
Joined
Apr 13, 2008
Messages
499
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Cheshire
Well, I have been diagnosed with MTS (multiple tank syndrome) and have bought my second tank. I want to use some mature media out of my main tank.

How much should I use?
 
hello fellow mts sufferer :blink:
what are you planning on doing...
cloning a filter or seeding a different type of filter, for example, i have a tetratec internal 1000 and just brought another one for a new tank, took one of the already matured sponge and put it in new filter, putting a new sponge in the other filter leaving one old sponge in each filter and seeded the new sponges,,worked fine<hope this makes sense :unsure:
 
Only use 1/3 of the existing media on the new tank, and obviously replace the media in the old tank. I you use more than a third it could cause problems in your other tank.
 
Also, how long should I leave the new tank before adding inhabitants (I replaced a third of the new filter, and it won't make an impact on the old one as the new one is about half the size)
 
Also, how long should I leave the new tank before adding inhabitants (I replaced a third of the new filter, and it won't make an impact on the old one as the new one is about half the size)
no in this one?
i set up my filter and tank and added the inhabitants directly as to not lose the bacteria, just preforming a few small water changes to keep things down
 
Sorry :blush:

Just water at the mo (finished setting up about an hour or so ago). So I would be ok to go out and get a fishy tomorrow?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top