Filter Media Used In Qt

JustKia

Fish Herder
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
1,068
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Warwickshire, UK
I took some filter media from my main tank to put in the filter for the quarantine tank, where I have treated the fish for mouth fungus.
Once the quarantine is over, should I trash the used filter media or can I wash it out (in tank water) and put it back in my main filter to keep it cycled should I need ot set the QT up again?
 
I would throw it away, even if you wash it out, you cant guarantee no nasties have survived.

How are the fish doing now, still no signs of the fungus coming back?
 
Thanks Minxfishy =)
Yep, they are looking OK, still no signs of fungus, so hopefully I caught it early enough and beat it.
 
Thats good news, usually if caught early its easily treatable unless it happens to be a nasty strain. Glad to hear they are all doing well :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top