Hi new to the forum please could anyone help with query.
I’ve got a Trigon 190 with the following fish
5 Discus 3 ½”
50 Neon Tetras
1 Male Siamese Fighter
1 Female Siamese Fighter
4 Corry’s
3 Bristle Nose
Up to now I’ve been using the filter which came with the tank, but I’ve just bought a new external filter with built in UV made by Aquael the Unimax 250 Plus UV.
The new filter comes with the following filter media
2 Layers of Filter Sponge
1 Basket of Bio Balls
1 Basket with Carbon Chips and Zeolite Mix
1 Layer of Sponge
1 Basket of Ceramic Noodles
Then the water passes through the UV chamber and back to the tank.
There is no chamber for any filter wool.
My question is filter wool not needed in these new type of filters. I always thought that filter wool polished the water by removing the very fine particles.
I’m after the perfect crystal clear water, would it be advisable to make some room in one of the baskets and put some filter wool in.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated instead of me trialling and erroring.
Regards Assad
I’ve got a Trigon 190 with the following fish
5 Discus 3 ½”
50 Neon Tetras
1 Male Siamese Fighter
1 Female Siamese Fighter
4 Corry’s
3 Bristle Nose
Up to now I’ve been using the filter which came with the tank, but I’ve just bought a new external filter with built in UV made by Aquael the Unimax 250 Plus UV.
The new filter comes with the following filter media
2 Layers of Filter Sponge
1 Basket of Bio Balls
1 Basket with Carbon Chips and Zeolite Mix
1 Layer of Sponge
1 Basket of Ceramic Noodles
Then the water passes through the UV chamber and back to the tank.
There is no chamber for any filter wool.
My question is filter wool not needed in these new type of filters. I always thought that filter wool polished the water by removing the very fine particles.
I’m after the perfect crystal clear water, would it be advisable to make some room in one of the baskets and put some filter wool in.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated instead of me trialling and erroring.
Regards Assad







