Figure Eight Puffers

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Blue Ramirezi

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey guys, the other day i thought i would get two figure eight puffers, so i had done research and i found that they can be kept in freshwater, but it will live a lot longer in brackish, i decided i would keep in fresh for a bit then maybe change, so the meaning of this topic was plainly to help me understand these wierd things, first thing i must say is that they are B-R-A-V-E and also they are the biggest pests in water change history, they occasionally attack the siphon but the MOMENT my hand enters that tank there like, "ATTTAAAAACK!" anyway these fish are rly strange, as in one second there swimming around attacking my siphon then i go and empty the bucket, when i return one is lying on its side in the corner of the tank motionless, but by this time im used to this rubbish, i put the siphon and suddenly he is alive and trying to kill it but now the second one is just sitting there, i empty the water, come back and boom there swimming around together as happy as larry :hyper: WHAT IS UP WITH THEM!?

oh and can i change my name, i dont like blue rams any more, i like firemouths...

LOL!!!! That made me laugh so much. :D

I'm no help with Figure Eights mate, maybe PM Livewire88 or Neale Monks if you don't get a reply.

First of all welcome to the naughty puppies of the tank XD Puffers are naughty little ones and you are going to get oodles of fun out of them. Keeping them fresh for now is ok though is recommended to start slowly acclimatising them to low brackish as soon as able, it really does make their colours pop and they do seem happier. Attacking your hands and the siphon is completely normal, they are curious things and I found when I had a pair they liked to find objects with their mouths. As to the lying on its side, I have no idea! That is a strange tactic, just keep an eye on and check no outbreaks of illness etc. Neale Monks is fantastic on puffers and helped me oodles when I kept various species. Congrats again puffers are absolutely awesome fish. If I can help anytime give me a pm :)

Thanks mate (good) their hilarious! They have lots of character, and as of the lying on their side, they don't really do it as much, I remember the first time they did it, and I wthought he was dead! As the net came he jumped back to life and attacked it :S hehe, funny fish aren't they, I am currently looking inside to see if anythings wrong but sso far I can't find anything external, I may just have a bad eye though, I hope there's nothing internal as iv found they are much harder to treat and you never really know if their gone! I will update you to tell you how their doing :)

best kept in lowend brackish. Not that hard to keep up either so its worth it and they will be healthier/happier.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back