fiddler crab and dwarf frog

subopposite

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I currently have a fiddler crab. Was thinking about picking up another one as well. My question is do you think a fiddler crab will be compatible with a dwarf frog. The frog would be one of those 1 " black small ones, not the albino clawed fogs. They would be going in a 46 gallon tank and it is heavily decorated. From what my friend says and the LFS too, filddler crabs are pretty mild. I know other crabs and shrimp can go after other fish pretty well. Wasn't sure about the fiddler crab in this case. She has been nice to my guppies and all other fish so far, but have only had her for about a week.

i wanted to add some crabs to one of my tanks but was told that they can be aggressive and eat small fish if they get to close...

I'm a little unsure of whether that would work. The fiddler might get tempted to take a hack or two at the frog if it gets hungry enough though I have never had the two together in a tank before.

Does your crab have access to air? They need to get out of the water from time to time. They would also do better in a brackish tank.

I keep Red Claw Crabs. Here's apage I made with alot of info on them. Same conditions as your Fiddler crab.

http://www.geocities.com/elgecko1989/crab.html

Yes, they do have access to air. What I have done is bought a 10 gallon tank with all the setups and put 2 of them in there to start. I actually think I am going to sell them off or give them away one way or the other as I would rather have that 10 gallon tank be a hospital/quarantine/fry tank for my other fish. Not positive yet though. If a crab loses a leg, does it grow back? I don't mean the claws either, I just mean the actualy legs they walk with.

how did u set up ur tank to where he can get air i was looking to do that but cuoldnot think of how to do it? do u have a pic

Most reactions

Back