Few Questions

black molly3

Fish Herder
Joined
Feb 8, 2006
Messages
1,295
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Liverpool
i am looking on breeding angel fish. i have 2 corys and 4 smaill "1 1/2 angelfish in the tank. when do angel fish reach sexual maturity is the first question. also i have one very dark one almost black and another 2 white and 1 stripey. if the dark one bred with the white one what would the fry be like.
any tips on breeding angel fish like what to feed to encourage them or anything like that please post. also pictures would be nice if anyone has them lol
thanks
 
Make sure there are plenty of smooth flat surfaces which they can use to lay on - mine have layed on the side of the filter, and also on a flat-leafed plant before now.

As for anything else I have no idea - my current pair have layed once, and the pair I had before have layed once, but both times I wasn't encouraging them to they did it all by themselves so I have no idea what the water stats were at the time!

However, both times, as soon as the tank light went off the parents ate all the eggs. I even tested it the second time and switched the light back on again, and they immediately stopped, and then started again when it went off again. So the only other suggestion I have is if you see eggs, watch the parents like a hawk when the light goes off and if they start eating the eggs then leave the light on until the eggs hatch!

Please note: as yet I've not had any angel fry, this is just my experience of the 2 times I almost did! :rolleyes:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top