Few Questions

mwood2

Fish Addict
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
749
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver WA (US)
So I am about to head off to work but before I go I need to ask a few questions.

1: What are the chances of my DP getting along with Cory in a 10 gallon? I moved my single Dp into a 10 gallon the other day and am thinking of 5 cory with him. I have room in my 30 in case it doesnt work out but would it be worth a try?

2: I bought 3 upside down catfish yesterday. 2 seem to be swimming about but it seems that one isnt doing so hot is in swimming slowly amounst the middle and top. I may take him back if he doesnt make it but if I do should I buy more? I know they prefer to be in groups and not sure how many I should have in total.

3: Anything besides Shrimp, Oto and Pleco that I can try? While Cory come to mind right now what can I try for a day and if it doesn't work move to my 30 gallon? I know ADF work since they have been kept safely with him in the past.
 
I would not put a DP with any other fish in that small of a tank.

DPs are pretty aggressive fish, and would not get along well with other fish in a 10 gallon tank.

5 cories and a DP in a 10 gallon tank would not be a good idea.

DPs should only be by themselves.

-FHM
 
Well my puffer seems to be a little more friendly then most. I have been able to keep him with oto, ADF, a molly for a little while. I am debating it due to his past behaviour be because I have and extra tank in case of any mishaps. I am just curious as to others people takes on it and if anyone has tried it here and añu success. I have read in a few places that some people have made it work but it's rare.

As for my upsidedown catfish I have my girlfriend monitoring him while I am at work and she says that he is doing better. Still wondering if I should up the number or not.
 
Not sure about the catfish, but if your are willing to try to put your DP with the other fish you listed, I say go for it. If anything happens, you can just take him out.

-FHM
 

Most reactions

Back
Top