Few Noobie Questions

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Do i just buy a watchman goby and pistol shrimp then? or do i have to buy a proven pair?

Most of the time they will pair up without too much trouble, but sometimes they won't. Most people have success when they introduce them at the same time, right next to each other so that they see each other.

Just to throw a potential spanner in the works.

Watchman gobys are great fish, full of character and cute. As long as you can see them that is.

Since we bought ours 4 or 5 months ago we rarely see him. He found himself a home at the back of the live rock and we only ever see a fin or tail while he's chasing food. Once in a blue moon he treats us to an appearance at the front of the tank while he sits on a rock for 5 mins or so then disappears till the next blue moon.

We have since bought a pink scooter blenny and he is just exactly what we expected the Watchman to be but he is visible 95% of the time. He is quite active over the rocks though so I don't know about suitability for your size tank, maybe others would care to comment. I suppose the good thing about the Watchman is he doesn't move much!

Cheers

A general rule of thumb that I've read about is 1 snail per 1-2 gallons. In your case I wouldn't do more than 10. Have you looked through the members tank sections to see if there are any similar tanks??? See what their CUC is :good:

I beleive I gave you a bunch of links to CUC options earlier in the post? Get a variety of snails that do/eat different jobs/things to have a well rounded group. If you have too much of one, then I guess 1 can starve.

It was post #30 btw

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back