Female Guppy

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

romiko

Reaction score
Help!!!

The male guppies have now damaged another fish, the male guppies have now bullied a female guppy, she is severely week and fins chewed up, my shrimps are now harassing it, since it lies on the bottom of the tank,

what must i do, the male guppies are very aggressive to her!!!

I have 3 male guppies and 3 female guppies

If you can, move her to another tank, or if you happen to have a breeder, put her in there. If you put her in another tank, some Melafix might help.

As a general rule of thumb, most people like to have three females to one male guppy. Sounds like you'll either have to get more females, or get rid of some of the males or get rid of all of the females.

Are the male guppy's harassing any other fish? And how long have they all been together?

Hi,

Yes, the male guppies bullied a neon tetra as well!

What should i do ? I have moved the female and neon into a bucket for the night, as my small tank has no heater. and moved the bucket next to a room heater with a thermo until i buy a aquarium heater.

I add tiny bit of salt and sha 2000 and exit to the bucket 15 litre

Hi,

Ok, I have seperated the females and going to observe what happens.

These guppies were introduced to the tank 2 weeks ago. They were a present, I have to admit, I really do not like guppies at all, they like a pest in my tank.

:sad:

What fish can i buy that will eat them and will leave my cat fish, clown loaches and shrimps alone. These guppies already made 10 babies, sheeez

I bet one of your lfs would probably take the guppy's off your hands for you. Most of them will give you store credit for them as well...win-win!! :nod: :nod:

Most reactions

Back