Feeding

Gemmylou

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jan 2, 2009
Messages
100
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I like to give my fish a varied diet, i think its only fair because i would hate to eat the same thing every day for the rest of my life! So they normally have there flake food as standard and then occasionally blood worm which they go mad for! Tody i thought i might introduce them to something new so i bought them freeze dried tubifex and i bought some algae wafers for my chinese algae eater (just to make sure that he has plenty to eat and doesnt go chasing after the others) however the fish were really not impressed by the tubifex and instead were far more intrested in poor al's wafer. I know that one of my tetras had eggs last night so they probably ate them all up, so maybe they are just full from last night, I have taken the tubifex out now, should i give up on it?
 
I tried tubifex with my fish and it got totally ignored.
I've got a few more fish since then so I'm going to give it one more try and also try giving a bit to the frogs, see what they think, but if it goes ignored again I'll give up on it.
 
Lol,that made me laugh,one of my plecs has taken to sitting on top of the algae wafers now as soon as he knows they're in the water as I'm sure he's so fed up of my gouramis snaffling them even after they've had their own flake.
Re the tubifex,I've just ordered a tub so it will be interesting to see how my fish take to it.My bro feeds his tubifex though and they go mad,he breaks his up and crumbles it in like flake or sometimes sticks it to the side of the tank.
I'd keep trying,just sparingly maybe once a week,with different methods.
 
funny little things aren't they lol! Oh well can you suggest anything else that they might like?

there is

5 silver tipped tetras
4 guppies
1 chinese algae eater
 
I don't have any of the same fish you have but mine eat almost anything else live/frozen/freeze dried versions of bloodworm/daphnia/brine shrimp, tropical granules, crushed flake, hikari mirco wafers.
I got a mix of pellet foods from famished fish on ebay including green lipped mussel, artemia, salmon and daphnia.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top