Feeding Trouble....

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

matt_storey

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I got 4 parrots from a member on here on sunday, i tried to feed them yesterday with flake & bloodworms but they didnt seem to eat any, so today i bought them some hikari cichlid pellets... again theyre just piled together in the corner venturing out every now and again but not eating...

am i feeding them the wrong stuff? are they just shy?

I have never seen any fish refuse bloodworms before! Was it frozen Hikari bloodworms... maybe try to add a little garlic extract to enhance the flavor!

well its freeze dried bloodworm, theyre swimming about alot more - still abit shy and scared when i approach the tank. the pellets seem to find their way to the filter inlet... im just afraid the BPs wont find them and it will contaminate my water :(

well its freeze dried bloodworm, theyre swimming about alot more - still abit shy and scared when i approach the tank. the pellets seem to find their way to the filter inlet... im just afraid the BPs wont find them and it will contaminate my water :(
Always remove uneaten food ( pellets ) from the tank within 30 minutes. If they haven't touch it for that long, usually its not gonna get touched, Only exception is algae wafers, since it takes time for the pleco and cory's to get to it. Like I said, maybe try some frozen bloodworms ( I prefer Hikari since they are 3 stage sterilization) and see if that would jump start your parrots. Then slowly introduce new food once they start eating.

Most reactions

Back