Feeding time

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Thanx a ton for letting me know about cooked meats... I will stop feeding him sandwich meats then. And His hotdogs are with ketchup only! Sometimes a bit a mustard lol. Just kidding. The dogs are cooked only. Not condemints :) And Chubs that he eats I get from the river behind my house. I live in the mountains of vermont. I think that the water sorce should be very clean. And he does seem to enjoy them. But If there not good I`ll stop that right away also. Thanx. I have always fed him this way since he was about 1 inch long. He is now about 7 inches and growing like mad! I love this fish! :) As far as other fishies....He has grown a bit faster then the rest and he ate all of em. There was a Bugged Eyed Goldfish in there when he was a baby and 3 tetras. Now all I have left is him and my plecco. He grow large fast...He was lucky hehe. Thanx again and if anyone recomends a certain varied diet please let me know. I only want him to eat a pile of different foods. I dont want him to just eat pellets please. Thanx a ton for all your help.

I can see no problem with the Chubs mate but basically i would only feed him on...........

Earthworms, small fish (White Bait etc), fish strips cut from white fish, any insects etc are fine too as are some veggies now and then :D he may accept beefheart but the jury is still out on the feeding of that lol
Frogs, Salamanders etc could cause problems as the bones will take a very long time to digest and could cause a blockage in his intestines........to give you some sort of idea i keep a 2 foot long Red Tail Cat and i sometimes feed him raw chicken as a treat but i always "debone" it even though he could definately swallow a chicken leg whole as i dont want to risk blocking his intestines :what:

Aside from that you should be ok feeding most of the NATURALY available foods that you are feeding :D

Hope this helps you give Jack a more healthy diet and a varied one too :laugh: :laugh:

Pete, the garlic is a documented benefit for marine fish, I was just curious if anyone had heard of it for tropicals.  

And I wouldn't feed an oscar sausage either, might give him gas lol  :laugh:

And Adeyc, curious enough, the garlic is used in oil form.

Strange how were told over and again it's bad to add anything oily to our tanks? :hmm: Maybe it's a soluble oil.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back