Feeding Marine Food To Tropical Fish?

kelly528

Fishaholic
Joined
Aug 17, 2009
Messages
662
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver, Canada
So, I am edging closer and closer to breaking down and getting a DP but first I am sorting out how I will keep him happy. A diet of only bloodworms, tubifex, brine shrimp and snails seems a little scanty (says the person who has a Michelina's for dinner 5x per week), and have noticed Hikari Frozen Mysis and Krill in the LFS.

Since the teeny little DP will go through them so slowly (not to mention I have an aversion to keeping frozen around for too long), do you guys think it would be fine if I fed the leftovers :lol: to my community fish? I am under the impression that they are more 'Marine' foods.
 
Yup, I feed them all the time. As part of a varied diet they are fantastic.

As a side note, if you are feeding only frozen food to the DPs, I would recommend soaking the food in a liquid vitamin solution at least a couple of times a week (one designed for aquarium fish), it's going to be hard/impossible to match the variety of foods they would eat in the wild with different types of frozen food, and the freezing process destroys some vitamins (plus you have no idea how many times it was frozen/defrosted before it reached you).
 

Most reactions

Back
Top