feeding live mice to arro

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's something wrong with people who don't even become the slightest bit upset watching another living being die -whether it's right or wrong, you should at LEAST be a bit disturbed by it. It's a LIFE ending.

Those who enjoy it deserve to burn in hell.

There's something wrong with people who pay others to murder an innocent animal then EAT the carcus.

Please express your opinions and feelings but DO NOT suggest other forum members burn in hell. Be an adult here....

Fish food comes from fish, and I'm willing to bet it isn't humanely slaughtered- probably killing the fish by a long drawn out suffocation.

Keep in mind that some fish need live food or they will starve to death ;) Some fish just can't be weaned on to frozen food, no matter how hard you try. Due to the lack of healthy feeder fish in this world, my leaf fish has passed on -_-

Hmm, I don't believe any of you have admitted to enjoying watching things die horriffic deaths - therefore I don't think that the comment I made about burning in hell would apply to any of you.

Sorry if you misunderstood that comment, but from everything I've read from all of you, your feelings are that it doesn't COMPLETELY horrify you to the point it does me.

I'm going to get off this topic because it seems like it's going to go around in circles for eons, and everyone is entirely entitled to their opinion, and I respect it. No one has to agree with me on my opinion, and i don't have to agree with anyone else.

We should leave it at that - and be done with this.
We all could become enemies over this dumb topic that I"m sure someone's laughing at us all for having opened now.

Sorry if I offended anyone - it wasn't intended.

BettaMomma said:
One other quick thing...

QUOTE (BettaMomma @ Mar 8 2005, 08:07 PM)
The diff between what goes on in the wild and what (I suspect, cuz I haven't seen it) is going on in the video is that we have NO control over what happens in the wild.

so your saying we shouldn't reproduce the wild for the fish then...

When's the last time you heard that mice were jumping into ponds for fish to snack on in the wild? I guess that could be a whole show on Discovery titled something like "Kamikazee Mice"

yes?
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
ParachuteMouse.gif

Yes, you're right, I have been laughing about it.... :dunno: can't help it I guess.

Watched the video, and have concluded a few things:

1. It isn't the one about the live oscar being eaten by P's. My bad... that's what I get for not paying attention... guess I was laughing too hard...

2. I think the guy should have used mice. Cheaper, and I think they wouldn't cause quite such a mess.

3. Rat tails do not keep moving after they come off.

4. Pretty tank, must make my tank pretty too...

Now I'm having a moral dilemma of my own. Should I let my tree frogs starve or should I subject poor innocent crickets to an inhumane death? :rofl:

For those of us that just might be going to hell, I'll drive. I know the way like the back of my cloven hand. :devil:

Blue Lobster, you're so lucky I wasn't eating or drinking when I saw that picture, how dare you show pictures of murdered mushrooms?!?!? Oh the horror! Seriously though, is that fish female, I think I see an eggspot....

Which reminds me....

Never show the rest of the table the sex of the lobster you ordered, it has a tendency to make them ill..... Learned it the hard way people, trust me!! Or sell me your soul, it all works out....

Okay, still can't stop laughing, going to hyperventilate....

P.S.
Blue Lobster, your mouse is heading right into the claws of death! I guess that lobster is getting served his way? Fast food joke is called for, but I can't think that hard now... :rofl:

First, let me state that I am a girl... but a very realistic and practical one, I like to think.
I think some of us are failing to draw some very important distinctions, here. One is that the majority of animals are incapable of perceiving things the way we do. It is quite simply incorrect to think that worms and insects feel pain and suffer in the way we do. This is one of my pet peeves. I dare say that by humanizing animals in such a way you lose the ability to appreciate them for what they truly are -- you're seeing them as tiny humans, not their own intriguing species.
That said, all mammalian species are closely enough related that their senses and perceptions can be said to be similar. Scientifically speaking, it's a sound bet that all mammals feel pain in a way not unlike we do.

When feeding live mice to another animal, one should realise that the mouse can and probably does suffer. I'm not saying whether it's wrong or right to feed live mice... just that they can suffer. If the death is fast enough, I don't really see a problem with it (though I don't have the heart for it, personally.)

I regularly feed live ghost shrimp and crickets to my oscar because I can't even begin to wrap my mind around the possibility that either of them suffers. Their brains and nervous systems are so primitive that it's just beyond the realm of possibility that they feel things that way. I don't kill insects or spiders that get in the house, though... I put those outside. Crushing them serves no purpose... besides, I'm a big softy! :p

the mice suffer, but its imposible to kill something without it suffering to some degree, If it were't sp unfun to die we would all wan't to do it. I see nothing wrong with this except for the fact that its not good for the arrow.

NinjaSmurf said:
For those of us that just might be going to hell, I'll drive. I know the way like the back of my cloven hand. :devil:

Blue Lobster, you're so lucky I wasn't eating or drinking when I saw that picture, how dare you show pictures of murdered mushrooms?!?!? Oh the horror! Seriously though, is that fish female, I think I see an eggspot....
Don't you mean cloven hoofs? I bet those make posting harder but hey being the foresaken has it's benefits right?

Well, I said hands because I don't want people to think I type with my feet. :sad: You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a pair of shoes that fit comfortably but still look like normal shoes... Plus I just love it when someone asks me if I just lit a match, I always smile and tell them them must be nuts...

I have a great dental plan though, wouldn't want to get caught laughing maliciously at some poor soul without a set of pearly whites! How embarrassing! :crazy: And I get this cool fork thingy, great for poking the elderly and small children with! :whistle:

Opcn said:
the mice suffer, but its imposible to kill something without it suffering to some degree, If it were't sp unfun to die we would all wan't to do it. I see nothing wrong with this except for the fact that its not good for the arrow.
Killing something without having it suffer is quite simple, actually. Humane euthanasia, for example (falling asleep isn't suffering, now is it?) or by instantly destroying the brain via puncturing or a hard blow to the head. Lopping off the head is another good method, because the brain is in too much shock to feel the pain at first and dies before the pain sets in. ;)

I read that you can still see out of your eyeballs for like 12 seconds after it's cut off and still comprehend whats going on. I have no idea how they would test this though... I mean, it's not exactly a test you have people signing up for is it? Or are they just 'Dying' to get in? :rofl:

I always thought it would be funny if grass could scream. Somewhere else I read said that plants (they had them hooked up to some sort of moniters) actually sort of 'faint' when you even think about cutting them, so I guess the grass would all scream and then pass out, so when you cut it they wouldn't feel it till they wake up again. Of course, could you deal with how they'd sound when they woke up? :whistle: I'd still cut grass, but it would be sort of fun to scare the grass, you know. Just stand there and then be like, 'Lawnmower!' and hear them all freak out. Of course, it would probably scream everytime your dog lifts its leg too, ammonia can't be good for them...

yossie_ika said:
That's the secret ingredients.....the mice....that's what makes the aro...so big :p

Paul....u should try it too....make yours big too man.....in no time
lol he's a bit small for that at the moment, but i bet the oscar would have fun ripping one apart.

I'll nick 1 off the cat when she brings another in!!

lets take a minute to think of the thousands of crickets, mealworms and superworms that have been eaten in the past months :rip: :byebye: ................................. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back