feeding live mice to arro

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.

midcuk

Reaction score
i know someone with a silver arrowana, he must be at least 36" and 8" wide he is the biggest silver i have seen, and in perfect condition

he also keeps snakes and so has a supply of mice , once a week he puts a couple in the tank (live) and they dont last very long

i think its wrong and cruel

but its the biggest healthiest arro i have ever seen

opinions please

ps never even heard of them taking live mice before frogs maybe but never mice

Can't say i'ved heard of it but as long as the aro doesn't get injured sounds like a good idea. I'm sure in the wild the odd rodent must fall in the water.

probably good for the arrowana depending on the quality of the mice of coruse....i dont think the mice would be too happy about it....what country?

In England it would be illegal. You can't use vertebrate animals as live feeders. What happens if the fish doesn't get the mouse straight away and it slowly drowns? Buy dead mice, thaw 'em and chuck 'em in. I don't hold with feeding live mammals. If you'd feed mice to your fish, why wouldn't you feed live mice to your cat? Just out of curiousity, does anyone out there buy live mice for their cat/dog to eat?

Maybe I'm squeamish, but I wouldn't do it.

Sarah

Sounds like your friend is just trying to give a nice varied diet for his aro
Wild aro probably eat anything they can get their mouth around that may include mice.

That video is awful. :sick: I don't know how anyone could do that. I can't even feed live fish to anything. I keep ghost shrimp as pets and get sad when one of them go missing. :-(

I think feeding ANYTHING live to ANYTHING is wrong - period.
I won't even feed my bettas live worms.
I do feed them freeze dried ones, and frozen ones, but I REFUSE to ever watch anything die. it's horrible - and even a tiny little worm feels pain, horror and agony. I can only IMAGINE what a horrific death these mice must be going through, not only the horror of drowning ON TOP OF being eaten.

How incredibly horrible. :(

OH - and I won't go watch that video.
Finding Nemo made me cry horribly, so I can only imagine what that video has in it. Dont' even wanna know.

people who like that kind of thing are sick.

i keep rats and could only watch a small part of that video, truly vile.

maybe feeding the owner of that video to a crocodile would be entertaining too?

No i agree I don't like feeding live things, won't even get live foods stick to frozen.

I keep hasters and mice and it is horrible. I dread to think how may poor clownfish got bought,put in an unheated bowl and then flushed alive after finding nemo.

It must be a girl thing about live foods. :sick:

shish :rolleyes:

I hope know of you watch the anture programs to often, thats the only reason I watch them, i find in interesting how they prey.

even feeding my aro super worms is fun to watch how he curls his tail up then realises it's power to shoot towards the worm.

I feed my animals live foods as its part of there diet. my lizards get lots of crikcets and mealworm and my fish get crickets, mealworms, super worms, bloodworm and river shrimp.

and the cat gets all the live food she needs and loves playing with it, a few times i'ved had to kill her prey as she sometimes takes her time, so we kill it in the fear that she will lose it in the house somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back