feeding live mice to arro

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was a dead mice I don't think it would of upset me, the fact that the little mouse was swimming for it's life upset me.

There's something wrong with people who don't even become the slightest bit upset watching another living being die -whether it's right or wrong, you should at LEAST be a bit disturbed by it. It's a LIFE ending.

Those who enjoy it deserve to burn in hell.

Us girls are to caring, I don't want to toughen up to things like that.

Did any of you who are defnding ths disgusting and unnecessay act actually watch the video? You people make me sick. Really

There are now two topics in this thread one about the mouse and the aro and one about the mose and parhana. Most ppl who are defending live food are talking about the aro and those ppl who find it disgusting are talking about the vid. IMO who ever posted the vid of the parhana was trolling and wanted a flame war.

Now what is the difference between a mouse or marmoset or a even human falling in to the amazon and being eaten by a parhana ,or some one feeding a mouse to a parhana in his\her own house in his\her own aquarium? Sure you could say he\she takes pleasure in the mouse being ripped apart but there is no difference between what happens in a controled enviroment or what happens in the amazon.

Same exact thing only in this case the mouse falles in tho the water and a big aro swolles the mouse in one gulp.

The only reason we have dried food, flake food, and other things is because it is more convenient for us, not them. They are healthier eating live food (as long as it isn't diseased) as this is they way they were built

As said in at the begining :
but its the biggest healthiest arro i have ever seen

If people are so passionate about this maybe you should start by taking away all the gazels and the wild deer all the wild boar and all the other natural food sorces and let the lions eat dried zebera jerky, or maybe fence off the grassland so the the lions cant get to them?

:lol: Can't help the way you feel, sorry.

The diff between what goes on in the wild and what (I suspect, cuz I haven't seen it) is going on in the video is that we have NO control over what happens in the wild.

And I still can't believe I laughed at that grilled fish.

lol

BettaMomma said:
The diff between what goes on in the wild and what (I suspect, cuz I haven't seen it) is going on in the video is that we have NO control over what happens in the wild.
so your saying we shouldn't reproduce the wild for the fish then...

i don't think there's showers of flake food in the wild.....well wasn't last time i checked.

as we can control what we feed they NEED to get a varried diet which DOES include LIVE foods, and if you can't hack it, even feeding bloodworm then you choose the wrong hobby!!

Paul_MTS said:
Mice are in no way the same league as our selfs.....
Now THAT annoyed me. What makes you think that? Just because we dig up whole ecosystems so we can live in style and comfort and pollute the air and water with no care at all, and call it being 'civilised', doesn't mean we are any better. IMO it makes us worse. And please, no 'oh, scientific tests have proved that mice only have a memory of x seconds and are not as intelligent as us'. For a start, how do you measure memory? What is the memory span of a human? It varies. And as for intelligence, well, you try testing the intelligence of someone who speaks a language you have no idea about, can't read, and in no way cares about overblown hand gestures and talking slowly.

Lol, i dont mind feeding live things to other live things. By the way i have read that in the wild arowanas in nature jump out of the water and grab small monkeys to eat from overhanging branches. So im sure they could handle a mouse :lol:

Its not cruel. I have a friedn that feeds his piranhas mice, well his brothers did. Mice reproduce rapidly so......their like convicts. And how can you defend the mouse? Its almost like defending an ant. I said like....not the same.

as we can control what we feed they NEED to get a varried diet which DOES include LIVE foods, and if you can't hack it, even feeding bloodworm then you choose the wrong hobby!!

I HIGHLY doubt I chose the wrong hobby. :rolleyes:
I rescue very sick fish and nurse them back to health. Haven't lost a one yet. SO, OBVIOUSLY I can hack it. I must be doing something right, dontcha think?

My whole point here is that I don't like to see stuff suffer and/or die unnecessarily.
If you do, that's your choice, cool for you.

I, however, don't like it and won't ever let anything suffer and/or die in front of me if I can at all help it. I have fed my fish bloodworms, cuz that's what they like to eat. BUT - that's just the whole "same as in nature" part of it that I'm bringing in.

i would NEVER own an animal such as a snake cuz it needs to eat live stuff.

I think you missed my point entirely.

Oh, and just in case you decide to go back and try to bring up the point where I previously said I don't feed my fish LIVE bloodworms, and then tell me I said in this post that i do feed them bloodworrms, the ones I give them are freeze dried or frozen. Not that it makes that much diff to the lives of the worms, BUT at least I didn't have to witness the little things swimming for their lives just before they were eaten.

One other quick thing...

QUOTE (BettaMomma @ Mar 8 2005, 08:07 PM)

so your saying we shouldn't reproduce the wild for the fish then...

When's the last time you heard that mice were jumping into ponds for fish to snack on in the wild? I guess that could be a whole show on Discovery titled something like "Kamikazee Mice"

yes?

Blue Lobster said:
I see nothing wrong with having a little amature Discovery Channel adventure in your living room. I would like to see some video[/creepy voice]

Someone else had that idea with piranah.

Disturbing video, you've been warned.

http://uselessjunk.com/modules.php?name=Ne...rticle&sid=1383
im gonna sound like a sicko but seeing that video makes me want to get Pirahnas. Not for the killing stuff part (id feed them flakes if i could) but they are cool. That was just mean doing that to the rat

I think piranahs are cool cuz of their teeth - they're sort of an evil cute, I guess.
Other than that they scare me.

That's the secret ingredients.....the mice....that's what makes the aro...so big :p

Paul....u should try it too....make yours big too man.....in no time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back