Feeding Fish Vegetables

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I tried lettuce didn't blanch it tho. They didn't eat much of it

My fish like the inside of peas.

Squeeze half thawed peas and two halfs come out of the outer skin my fish love these

I'll try the peas also :) the lettuce was great :good: there's barely any left after 24 hrs!

It's pea day for my ryukin... can't wait to see him go mental for it. He gets all :hyper: ZOOM :hyper: ZOOM :hyper: haha

Hahaha do you only feed them peas or do you feed them other vegetables

It's pea day for my ryukin... can't wait to see him go mental for it. He gets all :hyper: ZOOM :hyper: ZOOM :hyper: haha

Hahaha do you only feed them peas or do you feed them other vegetables

so far, I've only fed him peas, but I fed my trops peas, corgette/zuchini (spelling?) blanched lightly just to make it a tad softer. Only time I've ever fed lettuce was to act as a trap for some pest snails I had - put the lettuce leaf in, wait for them all to climb aboard, then lift them all out :D

After about 30 hours, all the romaine lettuce is gone! I only put one leaf in, but they ate all of it! not a trace of it anywhere....... they must really love it haha.

This is going to sound really stupid but how do you Blanche things

You put the veg in boiling water briefly (I normally do it for a minute or two depending on what it is) then dunk it straight under cold water. It effectively stops the cooking process.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back