Feeding Crickets

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

you can give it feeders but i don't know about crickets, they may bring in bacteria or disease. You can quarantine gold fish but i wouldnt try the crickets.

Go ahead and feed your oscars crickets! they come from south america, com'on their diet must have to inclue alot ot insects. Why not try worms too? i really really really dbout that it will bring diseases, if you buy them from like a bit shop or a LFS you shouldent have problems.

If your oscars are big, or just have big mouthes they should be able to swolow down a cricket - come on! you cants say thats not entertainment

moe_1 said:
Go ahead and feed your oscars crickets! they come from south america, com'on their diet must have to inclue alot ot insects. Why not try worms too? i really really really dbout that it will bring diseases, if you buy them from like a bit shop or a LFS you shouldent have problems.

If your oscars are big, or just have big mouthes they should be able to swolow down a cricket - come on! you cants say thats not entertainment
Hahahaha my thoughts precisely. I will get pics when I start feeding with crickets :thumbs:

In the wild the main part of a oscars diet is insects both aquatic and terrestial so the crickets are about the best thing you could give them. Feeder goldfish are a poor source of nutrition and often carry disease which can be passed onto the fish that eat them, i personally dont recomend feeding live fish to oscars.

Most reactions

Back