Feeder Fish...

jourdy288

Sorry, can't help spammin, it's the OCD! Hey there
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
2,140
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Behind a little bubbling cave.
I'm wondering, is it safe to use corydora fry as feeders? It sounds insane, but I heard the adult cory cats have spines, does this apply to fry?

Also, what kinds of leaves/twigs can I add to my aquarium? Can I add leaves straight off the tree?
 
Depends how old the fry out, you should be able to physically see how developed their fins are.

Corys don't just have very pointy sharp fins, the fins also have some kind of toxin in them. I don't know how much this toxin affects other fish (I had a goldfish try to eat a cory and still live), but after being jabbed a couple of times I wouldn't risk it if the 'fry' have decently developed fins.
 
It shouldn't be bad if they're young enough. My corys have occasionally spawned in the main tank. Before I got my bristlenose, the eggs would usually hatch, but I'd never see the fry. Something was eating them, and nothing was showing any negative effects.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top