Votes: 5 7.9%

Votes: 15 23.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 7 11.1%

Votes: 12 19.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't say I didn't warn you about the poop storm.
What I don't understand is why everyone gets upset about an opinion that isn't gushing praise. After all a vote for one is still a vote against the others.
And no I don't enter my tanks, because I know they are still below par.

This Old Spouse said:

I hesitated putting that down, but I'm just really disappointed. I did vote for the one that appealed to me most. Don't want to start a poop storm. Really.

While I agree that my entry (9) falls far below the standards of previous winners - I don't care, because it's the tank I've got with the little time I have to spend on it and I enjoy watching it when I do get the chance.

If you were so disappointed why did you not enter yours? And if you already have done and won; congratulations but consider that a lot of people wouldn't have voted for yours but had the good grace not to openly reject it.
Well that's just funny, because I voted for yours.

I didn't enter any one of mine because they fall below my standards. I'm working on them every day, and maybe someday I'll feel like one of them is good enough to enter. I haven't openly rejected anyone's work here. All. I. Said. Was that the tanks entered this month just don't seem up to the par of the ones in past contests. I'm not a bully or a bad person, just making an observation.

Thank you very much, but that doesn't change my opinion 
noexpression.gif

I didn't call you a bully or a bad person, I just think your post was ill advised. My tank falls below my standards, but it's a light hearted competition. No disrespect meant, but if that tank below your post is your own, you probably would have won this months competition, regardless of your own or my standards.

Personally, after reading yours posts I checked back to the winners gallery and whilst there are some amazing tanks in there, there are some less impressive tanks and I think it's a little harsh that you said non of the current entrants would stand a chance against them - I think mine and a few other entrants (I include the failed entrant and your own tank) wouldn't look too bad placed among some of the more average winners at least.

Each to his own though I just think some things are better left unsaid. 
Dunno.gif

This Old Spouse said:
I may be a snob of sorts, but none of these tanks really jumped off the screen for me. I went back a few months and looked at the winners, and none of these compare. 
confused.gif

I'd actually like to say that even though I had entered this competition, I agree. I've not voted at all because my tank(well my partners but he let me enter it) isn't up to scratch anyway and there's none that really pop out at me. In the past there's been one or two that have really popped and I've had a hard decision to pick just one but I have always voted up till now. I to am just making an observation. I know this will make me hated which is not going to help me but I'm not expecting any votes anyway, I enter to enter not to win. I don't want to hurt anyones feelings and don't forget I'm saying this about my own tank as well. Maybe it's just the picture but my camera appears to hate taking pictures without the flash and when I put the flash on you can't see the tank so I had to settle with that. The colours come out great but the clarity... :/ So there's my piece said. I'm not saying I don't like the tanks or that everyone should follow suit, I'm just saying compared to past winners(including last months) they don't really work it for me enough to vote. Like I said, I do like the tanks. Especially TheDoctor's but compared to the past winners I'm just going to leave it. I'll go sit in my corner now while you all shout and scream at me for having an opinion. I don't want to cause an argument but it seems you're not allowed an opinion anywhere lately.

I went with number 1 - there's a little touch of the Loch Ness monster in there if you look at the wood and that appeals to me.

Paradise<3 said:
I may be a snob of sorts, but none of these tanks really jumped off the screen for me. I went back a few months and looked at the winners, and none of these compare. :/

I'd actually like to say that even though I had entered this competition, I agree. I've not voted at all because my tank(well my partners but he let me enter it) isn't up to scratch anyway and there's none that really pop out at me. In the past there's been one or two that have really popped and I've had a hard decision to pick just one but I have always voted up till now. I to am just making an observation. I know this will make me hated which is not going to help me but I'm not expecting any votes anyway, I enter to enter not to win. I don't want to hurt anyones feelings and don't forget I'm saying this about my own tank as well. Maybe it's just the picture but my camera appears to hate taking pictures without the flash and when I put the flash on you can't see the tank so I had to settle with that. The colours come out great but the clarity... :/ So there's my piece said. I'm not saying I don't like the tanks or that everyone should follow suit, I'm just saying compared to past winners(including last months) they don't really work it for me enough to vote. Like I said, I do like the tanks. Especially TheDoctor's but compared to the past winners I'm just going to leave it. I'll go sit in my corner now while you all shout and scream at me for having an opinion. I don't want to cause an argument but it seems you're not allowed an opinion anywhere lately.

Personally, if I don't like any of the tanks I just wouldn't vote. Plus I wouldn't feel the need to tell everyone that I didn't vote because I didn't like any of the tanks. We are indeed all entitled to an opinion but would you go up to a stranger in the street and tell them you don't like their hair? It is no different here.

David J said:

I may be a snob of sorts, but none of these tanks really jumped off the screen for me. I went back a few months and looked at the winners, and none of these compare. 
confused.gif

I'd actually like to say that even though I had entered this competition, I agree. I've not voted at all because my tank(well my partners but he let me enter it) isn't up to scratch anyway and there's none that really pop out at me. In the past there's been one or two that have really popped and I've had a hard decision to pick just one but I have always voted up till now. I to am just making an observation. I know this will make me hated which is not going to help me but I'm not expecting any votes anyway, I enter to enter not to win. I don't want to hurt anyones feelings and don't forget I'm saying this about my own tank as well. Maybe it's just the picture but my camera appears to hate taking pictures without the flash and when I put the flash on you can't see the tank so I had to settle with that. The colours come out great but the clarity...
confused.gif
So there's my piece said. I'm not saying I don't like the tanks or that everyone should follow suit, I'm just saying compared to past winners(including last months) they don't really work it for me enough to vote. Like I said, I do like the tanks. Especially TheDoctor's but compared to the past winners I'm just going to leave it. I'll go sit in my corner now while you all shout and scream at me for having an opinion. I don't want to cause an argument but it seems you're not allowed an opinion anywhere lately.

Personally, if I don't like any of the tanks I just wouldn't vote. Plus I wouldn't feel the need to tell everyone that I didn't vote because I didn't like any of the tanks. We are indeed all entitled to an opinion but would you go up to a stranger in the street and tell them you don't like their hair? It is no different here.

I didn't say I didn't like any of the tanks. Point out exactly where I said that. I feel the need to express my opinion since that's what forums are for.

Quote: 'So there's my piece said. I'm not saying I don't like the tanks or that everyone should follow suit, I'm just saying compared to past winners(including last months) they don't really work it for me enough to vote'.

What you've basically said above is 'I'm not saying I don't like the tanks, but I don't like the tanks'. Otherwise, if you did like the tanks, you would've voted.

My opinion is that folks should keep negative opinions to themselves unless you are perhaps giving constructive feedback. For example 'I think this tank would look better if there were more plants'. It is obvious that other opinions differ from mine.

Anyway, i believe this will go round in circles. Nobody will agree on anything therefore I feel we should all just move on. This is a friendly place full of great people all ready to help each other and have a wee bit chat along the way.

No hard feelings from me towards anyone. Good luck to all in the competition.

I've replied via PM as this shouldn't really be carried on through this thread. My piece has been said and you're putting words in my mouth. I'm leaving it there now.

Hi

To be fair you did say in a previous post that you knew people were going to go off after your comments, and now you're have a go at me for doing the very thing you said you knew your comment was going to provoke.

Please believe me when i say I really don't want any hard feelings or falling out of any kind. Like I said at the end of my last post, this is supposed to be a friendly place and i see no benefit in a tit for tat exchange. Thats not why we're here.

I won't reply to your PM. Only because I have nothing to say that the forum can't read. This is something that we will just never agree on therefore could we at least agree to move on and get back to the reason we all joined this forum in the first place?

David J said:
Hi

To be fair you did say in a previous post that you knew people were going to go off after your comments, and now you're have a go at me for doing the very thing you said you knew your comment was going to provoke.

Please believe me when i say I really don't want any hard feelings or falling out of any kind. Like I said at the end of my last post, this is supposed to be a friendly place and i see no benefit in a tit for tat exchange. Thats not why we're here.

I won't reply to your PM. Only because I have nothing to say that the forum can't read. This is something that we will just never agree on therefore could we at least agree to move on and get back to the reason we all joined this forum in the first place?

I said that knowing people would call me out for having and voicing my opinion. I never had a go at you about it, I simply said you've put words in my mouth with your last comment about me "disliking" the tanks which is not what it is.

Not really a poop storm...

I see everyone  is still polite in a way... I wish though that people won't be as sensitive. I mean, this is a public poll. By submitting an entry, we consent to having our work judged  officially and unofficially. 

Cheers to everyone. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back