February Fish Of The Month Winner

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Lunar Jetman said:
Maybe his son? They're both from the same part of the US.

If it is the case that's awesome! The first tropical fish forums family. Father handing down his fishkeeping legacy to his son. Awesome, :)

TallTree01 said:
Maybe his son? They're both from the same part of the US.
If it is the case that's awesome! The first tropical fish forums family. Father handing down his fishkeeping legacy to his son. Awesome, :)

Awesomely awesome. :)

Yes, Sailfin Zach is my 11 year old son. :)  The pictures in his signature are the tanks that we maintain in his bedroom.

Ruskull said:
Yes, Sailfin Zach is my 11 year old son.
smile.png
 The pictures in his signature are the tanks that we maintain in his bedroom.
Damn! I had to beg my parents for my Roma 125! I'm 18 now though :lol:

Great fish btw 
good.gif

Thanks again.  I make him take on the responsibility part too though.  He helps with the water changes for all 5 of the tanks we're currently running.  He does the siphoning into a 5 gallon bucket, then I carry the bucket to empty it, he refills with conditioner, and I carry it back and bail the water back into each tank.  It's a bit of a workout doing it this way but the results are worth it.

They definitely are!

I'm dreading having to leave my tank behind when I go to uni later this year. I'm not going to be able to have one for 3 years!
Then I'm going to have to wait until I've found a job, can afford my own place and THEN afford a tank 
blink.png

The time will go faster than you think, don't worry.  Meanwhile you could get a small 5 gallon Betta tank to hold you over............just an idea 
yes.gif

That's what I'm hoping I'll be able to do. It depends how strict they are on it, I can't see them being keen :/

Welcome to my world Josh, I am currently at a point where I don't have my own tank as am living with my parents again, working full time and studying for my degree. Would kill to have a nano marine, I even have the space! Im 25 and not allowed a tank in my room :(

Ruskull and Sailfin, its awesome that you are both on TFF, that is very cool!! :D

Yes I agree a sneaky betta tank is the way forward ;)

MBOU said:
Welcome to my world Josh, I am currently at a point where I don't have my own tank as am living with my parents again, working full time and studying for my degree. Would kill to have a nano marine, I even have the space! Im 25 and not allowed a tank in my room
sad.png

Ruskull and Sailfin, its awesome that you are both on TFF, that is very cool!!
biggrin.png

Thanks MBOU, what's really funny is he's the one that got me into it.  I grew up with fish tanks because my father and older brother always had them, I was more of a reptile guy back then.  Zach asked me for a fish tank for his 10th birthday and I knew it was more than just buying a tank and plopping some fish in..............

Of course now we're somewhat over run with tanks. 

MBOU said:
Welcome to my world Josh, I am currently at a point where I don't have my own tank as am living with my parents again, working full time and studying for my degree. Would kill to have a nano marine, I even have the space! Im 25 and not allowed a tank in my room
sad.png

Owch, that must be painful! It really is going to kill me though :p

You could hide a 5 gallon Betta tank just about anywhere.........................

Ruskull said:
You could hide a 5 gallon Betta tank just about anywhere.........................
Exactly :D
Even cover it with a towel on inspection :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back