Featherfin Possibly Pregnant?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

8Worlds

Reaction score
Hi all, new here :d
I recently woke up around 4am to notice my catfish doing something that I'd never seen before, the little one was on top of the larger one and they were playing around for a good 30mins "they are usually quite standoffish around each other".
I've been doing some research and heard that they dont usually breed in captivity but she has gotten a lot more swollen looking.
So a few questions, do they carry the eggs inside them and how long if they do does it take before they come out?
You can see her abdomen in this pic
Thanks for help :)
24phzbr.jpg

Is the fish a live bearer or?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are egg layers, and it is undocumented!!! wow, I think youre the one who has to fill us in here :)

Breeding
Condition the parents with plenty of live food to get them into spawning mode. Clay pots on their side or lengths of PVC piping should be added to the tank as this will provide them with spawning sites. The eggs should hatch after 2 days and the fry will become free swimming 3-4 days later. At this stage they can be given newly hatched brine shrimp.
The fry will not take on the swimming style of their parents until they are approximately two months of age but will swim normally until this age.

FOUND THIS ON LINE! only thing I could find

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back