Favourite Kinds Of Fish

What are your favourite types of fish:

  • Top Level

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mid Level Small Schooling Fish

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mid Level Large Fish

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bottom Level

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0

Snooks1!

Fish Addict
Joined
Dec 11, 2007
Messages
772
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Mid-east Missouri
Just curious as to what sorts of fish people find the most interesting. Personally I prefer lower level , benthic fish. They seem to be the most interesting, both in looks and behaviour. Whereas mid-level fish, to me at least, all seem to be bland.
 
Just curious as to what sorts of fish people find the most interesting. Personally I prefer lower level , benthic fish. They seem to be the most interesting, both in looks and behaviour. Whereas mid-level fish, to me at least, all seem to be bland.

I like mid level as some cichlids swim bottom - mid and rainbow fish <3 also are Mid I think :D. I also like bottom dwellers but top swimming fish seem a bit boring to me :D....Also I have to duck down to see then :shout:
 
Bottom fish. My peppered cories are fun, and I have two checkered barbs who think they're cories, and constantly try to school with them. They even pick at algae tablets sometimes.
 
bottom fish :D

loaches
corys
catfish
plecs
bichirs
reedfish

:hyper:
 
everyone likes a good bottom.

(sorry, sorry :()
 
gotta be small schooling fish for me.
i started out with small stuff then gradually progressed through most common species then onto cichlids and then to oddballs, but have just reverted back to small schooling fish like harlequins and i have to say that they are very enjoyable fish, especially as you get to see all of the natural schooling behaviour in a big tank. much better than a daft looking pleco just sitting on the bottom! :D
 
OMG, I had to choose..took me a few minutes of thought to decide :rolleyes: I really like all kinds of fish and don't have specific favorites....although I'm partial to stingrays :D (haven't had facility to keep any yet :sad:) I think each fish is probably great/good in their own way. I also would love to have an eel some day...and a shark....sigh I need to stop thinking sometimes :lol:
 
I can't really say based on level. For example, I like needlefish which are top dwellers, but I don't like hatchets. I like piranhas, some of which could be a small mid level fish but I sure don't like small tetras. I chose bottom and large mid as they encompass most of the fish I like.

Ryan
 

Most reactions

Back
Top