Favorite Weird Thing

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Falconwithaboxon

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I'm just wondering what everyone's favorite "weird" thing about fish is. Weird is obviously subjective so share what is weird to you not weird to the forum necessarily.

Mine would be that I like to poke my finger in the top of the tank and let my Angels and Gourami nip at it.

I'm just wondering what everyone's favorite "weird" thing about fish is. Weird is obviously subjective so share what is weird to you not weird to the forum necessarily.

Mine would be that I like to poke my finger in the top of the tank and let my Angels and Gourami nip at it.
I love to go up to the tank and kiss my plecos' bellies through the glass. And I've got a compulsion that means I have to greet them every time I walk into my room. And also... Calling them "darling" and "baby" and "sweetheart" when they come up to see me.

I like to make up trash talk when my cichlids do there stupid stand off thing , they can do it for 10mins sometimes and I get bored of doing it , but they normally argue over who left the toilet seat up ? It’s really sad

I like to make up trash talk when my cichlids do there stupid stand off thing , they can do it for 10mins sometimes and I get bored of doing it , but they normally argue over who left the toilet seat up ? It’s really sad
I'd watch that youtube video.

I stick my fingers in the tank and like my fish to swim between them. (Especially my Betta)
I was wondering if anyone else did that... guess I'm not the only one! My betta is so friendly and responsive. He loves to swim through my fingers or rub up against my hand whenever I to cleaning. The other day, he swam up the gravel vac, thank goodness I hadn't started the flow yet, but he refused to come out for a good three minutes... so I was just standing there, holding the tube, waiting for him to swim out!

Can you teach them to do that? I've been trying to get any of them to swim over my hand for months now and they just don't want to deal with it.
You can, you just have to get them used to you.

I usually do it when it feeding times, because they are more focused on the food. After a while, you can start doing it without the food.

I was wondering if anyone else did that... guess I'm not the only one! My betta is so friendly and responsive. He loves to swim through my fingers or rub up against my hand whenever I to cleaning. The other day, he swam up the gravel vac, thank goodness I hadn't started the flow yet, but he refused to come out for a good three minutes... so I was just standing there, holding the tube, waiting for him to swim out!
Yeesh! ?

I’ve only ever had that happen to me with a Cory - good thing we was small enough not to get injured!

Most reactions

trending

Back