Favorite Painter?

Now a Painter thread! Wonderful, I'll never study now. :rolleyes:

All the masters and ninja turtles are great, the Italian and Flemmish (sp) especially, but my favorite, the one who moves me the most is Dominico Theotokopoulos. Otherwise known as El Greco. His paintings are stunning, full of intense emotion and fantastic color. It's amazing to see neon greens and fushias in Renaissance art, mixed with somber shades of grey. And his forms are long and incredibly elegant. They are also huge, huge paintings. Incredible to look at.

I like Dali also (he is pretty much the missus' main inspiration for painting as well). I also like Giger but seeing as he draws his inspiration from Lovecraft (my favourite Author) that pretty much goes without saying.

Van Gogh fan here. I was lucky enough to go to the Van Gogh museum in Holland when I was a teen. I could have stayed there all day looking at his paintings!
We have near us, the Dali museum, in St. Petersburg FL. Good museum too....I like Dali but not nearly as much as Van Gogh!

My dad has an original painting by an artist named Neirman...not sure if I'm spelling that right. Anyway it's called 'Volcanic Fire' and I like that too.

Edit: his name is Nierman... :look:

Ive always been fond of Roy Lichenstein...

70094.jpg

...classic comic popster prints. I use to have about ten or twelve of these on my walls when I was at university. I love a lot of other stuff too though, mostly classical artists beacuase few things beat Michelangelos Sisteen Chapel. Id love to see it in real life.

Escher is, of course, also excellent. My personal favorite is the one with the stairs going in different directions.

*edited to fix image and coirrect horrendous spelling*

I'd love to go to a Dali museum one day! Really like him and Escher, though wouldn't necessarily hang any of thier pieces up in my home.

I'm a huge fan of Monet! I find his work sooo peaceful and relaxing :)

onemisterchristian... you are technically correct... the best kind of correct* ;)

Yeah, he did screenprinting, but Im calling him a painter because, him being an artist, he is bound to have (at least once) put paint on canvas / paper, andthis qualifies him as a painter :p

*yeah thats from Futurama :p

I love Monet...his work is a little bit overcommercialized, but, there are some wonderful works of his that are not so over published.

Some of Magritte's works I love, most of his paintings that depict dark streets/trees against a light sky...reminds of days in October after a later rain.

Seurat...some cool stuff.

SH

Oh! Oh! Bet you can't guess who my fav painter is.... :shifty:
*cough* sig *cough*

I'm also a huge fan of Dali and Keith Haring.

My wife loves Monet, my favorite painter is my wife. She painted the living room last weekend. :lol:

I love the Lowry paintings, Monet lily pads painting and Da vincis Mona Lisa, i live the way no matter where you stand she seems to be watching you, and i like the mysterious background.

Most reactions

Back