Favorite Livebearers

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

what are your favorite kind(s) of livebearers?

• Guppies

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Swordtails

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Platies

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Endlers

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Mollies

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Picta Livebearers

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Parae Livebearers

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Mosquito Fish

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • other

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
For me:  Mollies, guppies and Swordtails, in that order.

Mollies are by and far my number one.   But, I do have a soft spot in my heart for platys as well.

i think that molly and platy fry are cuter than guppy fry but i still love baby guppies haha

platies win by a land slide for me
winner.gif

Guppies, started when I was 6, 1966, in kindergarten. Had guppies up to 1979 when I moved into an apartment that did not allow pets. I ended up doing hamsters in the same tanks later, then snakes in the late 80's early 90's. I got a 30 gallon tank for free a few years ago. Got 176 goldfish fry almost two years ago that I thought were guppies and this past January got 12 guppies for free off of Craigslist. They of course rapidly started to reproduce and when a friend offered me her 55 gallon tank for $30, I snatched it up. That was in February and I made a stand for the tank and set it up with my fish on April 6th. I now have about 50 assorted guppies, including juveniles and babies, but last week noticed that I somehow have a nice Endler male. I am going to get some Endler females from the pet store and set him up with them in their own 30 gallon tank. I had bought six female guppies from another pet store and one of them could have been an Endler or a Cobra female I got from the pet store I go to could have been impregnated by both the male cobras in the tank or from an Endler male that they also had in the tank. I really like the looks of the Endlers, mine is a black bar. After 35 years since having guppies, they have changed a lot, so have the filters and accessories.

Have to agree with animal lover, platy fry are definitely cuter than guppies! But love them both :)

I have only had them for a few months but I must say Ameca Splendens.  :)

I take it back! I voted Guppies but never having owned Mollies I didn't know how nice they are 
smile.png
 I have 4 girls now, 2 black, one silver and one dalmation and they are so sweet
wub.png
  they are always at the front of the glass when they see me and pick my hand when i put it in the tank for maintenance!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back