Favorite Book(s)?

my favourite book is the passionflower massacre by nicola morgan, has anyone else read it?

Roxy's baby by catherine mcphail isnt bad either. :)

PS
I challenge ANYONE to read (successfully) the original text of Hermen Melville's literay classic 'Moby Dick'.
Oh
My
God
It may well use English words per-se, but..... I am 37. I read ALOT. I could not get past Chapter 1!

I read it.I am 13 and it was not that hard a read.

Now if you want hard try the Iliad(sp) and odesy(sp) by Homer
10,000 pages or mind numbing pain........................ I read it 6 times

my favorite book used to be unfortunate events by lemony snicket (spell) but its getting boring.

anyone here read the silmarillion, if not, you should try lol there's just soo many names it's really confusing

I know what you mean. Eroth son of Beroth, air to the throne of Gerof... :lol:

Someone else mentioned my very favorite: Watership Down by Richard Adams --- along with Insomnia (Stephen King) and The Talisman (Stephen King). I also collect old children's books from the early 1900's through the 1940's.

I hated Watership Down, it terrified me as a child, lol

I like Uh-Oh by Robert Fulghum - I may have already posted this on this thread come to think of it, but its such a good book it's worth noting again in case someone missed it and wants to go read it :lol: I think you have to be at least 30 to really dig it though.

Ooh gotta add some more.

From Comprehensive School Days.

Fudge and SuperFudge

Thus Spoke Zarathrusta by Friedrich Nietzsche
Doesn't matter how many times you've read it you'll always get something new from it. Unbelievebly deep and an inspirational book for anyone struggling with the constant drudgery of life or understanding their own identity/motivations in life....

Most reactions

Back