Favorite Book Quotes?

AmtotheBurr

Fish Crazy
Joined
Aug 17, 2015
Messages
347
Reaction score
36
Location
US
"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to."
"I don't much care where -"
"Then it doesn't matter which way you go."
- Alice in Wonderland

Does anyone have a favorite book quote they want to share? I read too much to have a favorite of anything, but I admire all. :)
 

RRaquariums

Chatroom Moderator
Chatroom Moderator
Joined
Feb 4, 2014
Messages
760
Reaction score
61
Location
US
But far more numerous was the heard of such, Who think too little, and who talk too much.

I always try to remember that quote when I start talking to much and forget to listen and learn.
 
OP
OP
AmtotheBurr

AmtotheBurr

Fish Crazy
Joined
Aug 17, 2015
Messages
347
Reaction score
36
Location
US
Better shun the bait, than struggle in the snare.

John Dryden has some amazing quotes. I love poetry and used to write quite a bit.

Your quote is perfection. We are all so quick to speak and slow to listen. And when we are listening, it's just to wait for the next pause so we can talk again ha.
 

AquaPit

Fishaholic
Joined
Nov 1, 2013
Messages
438
Reaction score
9
Location
SG
"Twinkle twinkle little stars.. How I wonder what you are..."

Mothergoose Children Rhymes
 
OP
OP
AmtotheBurr

AmtotheBurr

Fish Crazy
Joined
Aug 17, 2015
Messages
347
Reaction score
36
Location
US
AquaPit said:
"Twinkle twinkle little stars.. How I wonder what you are..."

Mothergoose Children Rhymes
You're my new favorite person
 

superswimmer

Mostly New Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2016
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
US
fish.gif
Lol I like this one in Harry Potter spoken by Albus Dumbledore: 
"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light"
 

PepperjacksMama

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Oct 7, 2015
Messages
99
Reaction score
29
Location
US
"At least 80% of all human wisdom is a desire not to but into somebody else's business, and the other 20% isn't that important"

Jubal Harshaw
 

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Top