Peter David (sci-fi)
Jerri Taylor (sci-fi)
Jasper Fford (fantasy/comedy)
Sir Connan Doyle

Stephen King - horror - I'd recommend any and all of his books
Dean Koontz - horror - The Odd Thomas Series
Jeff Lindsay - suspense - series and a serial killer who is actually a good guy
Karin Slaughter - detective - Series about an ME
Terry Pratchett - humor/sci-fi - All of them of course, but especially the Tiffany Aching ones (Crivens! lol)
Kathy Reichs - detective - The main character Temperance Brennan is based on the author, forensic anthropology
Jefferson Bass - detective - Detective series based on the creator of the Body Farm in Tennessee. In real life the Body Farm is a research facility that focuses on the decomposition of human bodies in various conditions, founded by William Bass.
Robert Asprin - fantasy/humor - Myth series.

I just thought of some more:

Shakespeare
Edgar Allen Poe
Mary Shelly
Christopher Paolini
J.R.R. Tolkien

Oh so many more.

Odd Thomas series by Dean Koontz was amazing. How many are there? I've read Odd Thomas, Brother Odd, and Forever Odd.

Odd Thomas series by Dean Koontz was amazing. How many are there? I've read Odd Thomas, Brother Odd, and Forever Odd.

That's all that's out right now, can't wait for his next installment. :shout:

I like Max Haines, although people outside of well, Toronto lol may not have heard from him. He writes true crime. However, in One book, which is usually quite large, he will write about 20 - 30 true crime files. He tells about the victim(s) their past, etc., about the killer(s)/perpatrators (sp?) and their background, how they grew up etc., the crime itself, and then the investigation and outcome at trial, usually each is about 7 - 10 pages long or so, sometimes longer. It is just great. I have pretty much all of his books :D

I read a lot of true crime and true murder, so I don't have a set selection of authors i like, i usually select my books by what they are about.

I like a lot of true crime books and also crime/thriller books in general. I love anything by Jeffery Deaver, Patricia Cornwall and Karin Slaughter but one of my favourite books has to be The Death Trilogy by Terry Pratchett.

I have never heard of The Death Trilogy, but it sounds interesting, I will take a look at it.

Right now I'm reading Blood Violence by Tom Henderson, it's pretty good so far

Mine has to be Bernard Cornwell, he writes fantastic stories, i.e. the "Sharpe" books, the grail quest trilogy, The Starbuck Chronicles and loads more.

I like a lot of true crime books and also crime/thriller books in general. I love anything by Jeffery Deaver, Patricia Cornwall and Karin Slaughter but one of my favourite books has to be The Death Trilogy by Terry Pratchett.

If you like Patricia Cornwell and Karin Slaughter you should check out Kathy Reichs, she's a forensic anthropologist that teachs in North Carolina, and is a staff member for the Quebec ME's office, and her main character Temperance Brennan is the same, great books. Also check out Jefferson Bass, one of the writing duo is William Bass the creator of the Body Farm in Tennessee, and their main character is based on his profession.

If you like Patricia Cornwell and Karin Slaughter you should check out Kathy Reichs, she's a forensic anthropologist that teachs in North Carolina, and is a staff member for the Quebec ME's office, and her main character Temperance Brennan is the same, great books. Also check out Jefferson Bass, one of the writing duo is William Bass the creator of the Body Farm in Tennessee, and their main character is based on his profession.
I'd forgotten about Kathy Reichs, I've actually got a couple of her books sitting around somewhere!
I shall keep an eye out for Jefferson Bass, sounds like I'd enjoy that.
Thanks! :good:

In no particular order.

Joseph Conrad (Heart of Darkness, and the Secret Sharer)
JRR Tolkien (The LOTR, and the Silmarillion)
Shakespeare (I like his histories and tragedies best, except Romeo and Juliet, a bit on the sappy side)
John Milton and Homer (I know, epic poetry, but they are kind of like books) :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back