Fat male

elizabeth02rvt

Reaction score
Hi! My platy (male) that has been in a tank with an angel and some danios for the whole time i've had him until about a week ago when I transferred him to my new tank (56 gallon). Shortly after I transferred him, I got some new platy's (2 female and one male). He has taken on a bloated and seemingly pregnant look. Do they store sperm and get bloated like that? Should I add some more females? if so, how many?
thanks in advance!

Males don't store sperm like that. If they did they would have to hump constantly or explode. It could be bloat which isn't a disease but more like a symptom of some diseases. Or it could be that it seems larger in a smaller tank. Or maybe he is getting more food now. Its hard to figure a lot of things out without actually seeing the fish.

ha! now that i think about it, it could be the food thing...before i moved him to this tank, he was at my parents where noone knew when/who fed the fish last

thanks!

it could be that your male is a female... they can change sexes do to chemical inbalnces in there body... i dont know mabey? :thumbs:

Most reactions

Back