The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Circus

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
For a 48 inch long 100 gallon aquarium, ph 7.4 , and110 ppm hwrdness.

So, as far as I know, Fahaka Puffers should be kept alone. Can they be kept peacefully with other fish? Someone brought it up recently that some large puffer species can be kept with other fish.

I mean... I have never kept one and I've heard very little about them... But I do know that most puffer species can be pretty aggressive with others in an aquarium... But again, I'm definitely no expert on puffers

I mean... I have never kept one and I've heard very little about them... But I do know that most puffer species can be pretty aggressive with others in an aquarium... But again, I'm definitely no expert on puffers
Well, I have two other species of puffers. My figure 8 puffers are completely non aggressive to any fish in the tank (even guppy fry), but will demolish any invertebrates. My pea puffers will eat small inverts, but leave adult shrimp alone. I have not kept the peas with any fish.

Well, I have two other species of puffers. My figure 8 puffers are completely non aggressive to any fish in the tank (even guppy fry), but will demolish any invertebrates. My pea puffers will eat small inverts, but leave adult shrimp alone. I have not kept the peas with any fish.
Wow, now I habe done research on smaller species and from what I habe heard, they will chew up tank mates... So that's pretty incredible that it leaves your fry alone. Pea puffers are pretty notorious for taking chucks out of fish so be careful with that... Maybe throw a "healthy" feeder guppy in their tank and see what happens? If guppy still there then yay

I have a variety of live bearers (Molly, guppy and platy) in with my pair of figure 8 puffers. The puffers even eat the flake food I put out for the fish.

I have a variety of live bearers (Molly, guppy and platy) in with my pair of figure 8 puffers. The puffers even eat the flake food I put out for the fish.
Lol fish will be fish ! Stealin food
Do they eat the baby livebearers

Lol fish will be fish ! Stealin food
Do they eat the baby livebearers
Not that I have seen, and those fry will swim right past the noses of my puffers. My female guppy have dropped several batches of fry, and I have to offload them into my JD tank or give them to the fish store.

Not that I have seen, and those fry will swim right past the noses of my puffers. My female guppy have dropped several batches of fry, and I have to offload them into my JD tank or give them to the fish store.
Nice what is a JD Tank

So he is basically your fry trash can 😅
Yeah, it works. Occasionally my rainbow cichlids will eat a couple, but they much prefer veggies. The pet store will not take fish they are unable to sell (so less than 3ish months old guppy or platy), and they can get overwhelming even with only 1 or 2 breeding females.

So he is basically your fry trash can 😅
Yeah, it works. Occasionally my rainbow cichlids will eat a couple, but they much prefer veggies. The pet store will not take fish they are unable to sell (so less than 3ish months old guppy or platy), and they can get overwhelming even with only 1 or 2 breeding females.
i mean both Circus and the jack dempsey are happy so its a win win

Most reactions

trending

Back