J jacko9901 Fishaholic Joined Mar 2, 2008 Messages 407 Reaction score 0 Points 0 Location Canvey Island, Essex, England Aug 18, 2008 #1 hi i am soon to get a 250 litre tank and was wondering what would be the best external filter to get?
hi i am soon to get a 250 litre tank and was wondering what would be the best external filter to get?
Colin_T Fish Guru Supporting Member ⭐ Joined Jan 26, 2008 Messages 41,873 Reaction score 26,331 Points 113 Location Perth, WA Aug 18, 2008 #2 it depends on what is available to you. Fluval and Eheim are usually pretty good. Get as big a filter as you can afford so if you ever upgrade the tank the filter can go straight onto it and you won't have to buy another one.
it depends on what is available to you. Fluval and Eheim are usually pretty good. Get as big a filter as you can afford so if you ever upgrade the tank the filter can go straight onto it and you won't have to buy another one.
A adamgreen240 Fish Herder Joined Jan 20, 2007 Messages 1,485 Reaction score 1 Points 36 Location GB Aug 18, 2008 #3 Eheim 2078!
Honeythorn Sugar coating and nicely nicely? I don't think so Joined Mar 10, 2008 Messages 2,313 Reaction score 1 Points 0 Location Stourbridge UK Aug 18, 2008 #4 I've got an Eheim 2215 and it's an excellent filter. Very quiet and easy. I've never had a Fluval External though so I can't comment there.
I've got an Eheim 2215 and it's an excellent filter. Very quiet and easy. I've never had a Fluval External though so I can't comment there.
shibby Fish Herder Joined Apr 20, 2007 Messages 1,206 Reaction score 0 Points 0 Location weston, UK Aug 18, 2008 #5 i like renas mainly because there really simple!