External Filter For Juwel Vision 450

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

JT-SCFC-1912

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Looking for some tips / advice really,

I currently have the standard internal filter which comes with the vision 450, also a fluval internal U4 filter.

Now I've been looking at external filters which are more powerful and to provide that extra space in the tank. Has anybody got the fluval external 406 filter?, if so how do you rate it?,

Maybe a stupid question, but would it be ok to put a filter in my tank which is more suited for like a 1000l tank, my way of thinking is that would prob be world class for a 450l tank, but would it be a such thing as too powerful filtration for a tank?

I've also heard good things about the pond solutions external filters range?, but a lot of people say that pipes are really cheap flimsy plastic, now I have Oscars anybody recommend the ones I mentioned Or are there better ones out there?

JT

Hi there.

All pond solutions product i hate i have had many filters from them and hated them as they always sprung a leak when you dont expect it.

I have got a fluval 406 which i rate really good and its not noisey like others can be.
The only thing i change in my fluval are the floss pads and the odd ammonia remover and carbon about every 2 months other than that just rinse them out every week.
I also got a trickle filter and a small internal in mine too thats what came with the tank.
I have had no trouble with my fluval connection tubes are long too.
Hope this helps.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back