Expert Advice On Wild Discus.... Please.

Vin Swords

Fishaholic
Reaction score
hi,

Today i bought 2 wild cought Tefe green discus. around 6 inch in size.

problam is both have few (8/10) holes in the face.. but exactly matched geometric spots on both side... so cant be hole in the head can it?

also both had fully eract top fins when i bought them but one of the discus closed it top fin most of the time...

i have the fish for 6, 7 hours now... any advise guys? any one got them?

thanks
vin

These guys need low ph more then other fish. If you see tiny pin holes in the head they are the sensory pits all fish have them some more then others.

You need to be on top of your water with these fish. I would Love some tefe greens they are amazing fish. Good luck photo would be nice.

You should always always quarantine wild discus well any fish really. But with the wild discus you need to Make sure they are eating well and are adjusted before throwing them in with other fish.

What's the temp of your tank. What other fish do you have? It is far from ideal to keep wild discus with some of the fish listed in your sig.

They seems to be ok now.. Thanks for infos..

The seller had them in 7.6 ph with nh80. I checked it my self. He had them for around two months. Looked and behaved good. My ph is 6.8/7.0 and my black water is in the best condition you can ever get. Good size tank and heavy filtration with 2262 and 2329 and lots of plants bog woods. Regarding my sign, its bit old and African butterfly's and the rtbs is gone. Rest of the stock and the wild discus will be ok with well experienced fish keeper like me....

Thanks guys

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back