Expectant Crayfish Mum

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Yeah. I have always been intrigued by crayfish. But first I have to setup my 5.5 gallon shrimp hatchery, 40 gallon community, and then ill be free for another tank.

I just found this. May be of interest to you good.gif
[URL="http://www.texasaquaponics.com/"]http://www.texasaquaponics.com/[/URL]

Nice link and thanks, but are those meant to be eaten? Any updates?

Probably, but I noticed that they sell live ones.

I think 1 or 2 babies have dropped down, but they're so small I can't see them. I put a fine mesh over the filter intake, and the tank has lots of plants for them to hide in, so they should be in there somewhere. They should all be walking around in a couple more days. I've been told that the mother shows some maternal interest in the babies for 5 - 7 days after they detach, but will start to eat them if I don't remove her after this. I am keeping my eyes peeled.

Don

Probably, but I noticed that they sell live ones.

Yeah I saw that too but I was just wondering if they would somehow not be good for aquariums. :blink:

Why don't you give them a call, I think they sell to aquarists and restaurants. They say they are the only authorised sellers of redclaws in the US and that's why I posted the link.

You can always fly over to Saudi and buy mine if you have no luck there :crazy:

Why don't you give them a call, I think they sell to aquarists and restaurants. They say they are the only authorised sellers of redclaws in the US and that's why I posted the link.

After a quick look on the site it did say they sell to aquariumists. But they are quite expensive and I would have no way of being able to get a male and female.

After a quick look on the site it did say they sell to aquariumists. But they are quite expensive and I would have no way of being able to get a male and female.

Shame, just an idea. If you buy a couple of kilos you may get lucky :hyper:

The female is in a 20G tank on her own, and I've put the male back in with the fish. I will get a 40G tank this week so I can put both adults in plus any younsters that get big enough to look after themselves. I hope to use the 20G tank for any future deliveries. I'm relatively new to this myself, so I feel like I have to make it up as I go. If anyone knows a better way to proceed then I would be very grateful for the advise.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back