Exotic Garden Critters

Bloo

~ I learn something new ~ ~~~~ every day ~~~~
Joined
Mar 31, 2005
Messages
9,085
Reaction score
1
Points
36
Location
Norfolk, UK
Came across this pic I took of a baby Agama atricollis (or blue head agama lizard) in our garden in South Africa. The cat somehow managed to catch and bring into the house - without injuries as far as I could see. They can be very fierce, even when this young and small, and their bite is not to be messed with :no: that's why cats generally stay away from them :lol:
I released it straight away - there were no external injuries I could see and I wouldn't have been able to do anything for internal anyway. They generally die from stress when captured and kept contained. I'm sure it went on to a great recovery !

The adults are stunning and are often basking in the hot garden path of on the walls.

Agamaatricollis.jpg


and this is what they look like as adults - and a fair size around 15".

SKRP290105_004.jpg


Feel free to add your interesting garden critter pics !
 
ah so cute! :hyper:

heres a pic of a magpie and water dragon at my grandparents house.
dragonmagpieweb.jpg


i have loads of other pics but i cant be bothered looking for them lol
 

Most reactions

Back
Top