April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Binge

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I am curious if people think these backgrounds
http://exo-terra.com/en/products/background.php

can be used in a fish tank? The store I sell my lobsters to specializes in reptiles and has loads of these backgrounds for like $25. I would think they would be okay with water since a lot of terrariums have loads of moisture in them. But I thaught I would ask here since they will of course be fully submerged in a fish tank at all times.

Don't see any reason why not. Apart from the fact that polystyrene floats rather well, so remember to make sure that it's very well siliconed in. The fluval ebi's ship with a polystyrene background. I'd post a pic, but my I'm on my backup computer after a hard disc death (currently very expensive to replace) and haven't worked out the image stuff on this one yet. There are some threads of them on the tank journals though. Look very nice.

I advise not using them, they have 2 large cut outs on the back for heaters and cables hence being for reptiles, dirt and food will easily store in them rotting away giving ammonia spikes

I advise not using them, they have 2 large cut outs on the back for heaters and cables hence being for reptiles, dirt and food will easily store in them rotting away giving ammonia spikes

Sand will cover access to the bottom of the cut outs and the top will be at the surface as long as i attach it well should be fine I would think. I was worried they used a kind of coloring on them that may be bad for an aquariums :p

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back