Exciting Fish Week

Aphotic Phoenix

Fish Addict
Joined
Jun 8, 2007
Messages
981
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Virginia, USA
The week before I managed to find a pair of Tateurndina ocellicauda (Peacock Gudgeons) at one of LFS. Didn't take them long at all to make themselves a little cave (admittedly in an annoying spot), and spawn. Something I never expected because my water params doesn't usually line up with the advised pH/hardness. In fact, I'd assumed that perhaps the eggs might not even be properly fertilized, but squeezed myself in between the wall and tank to confirm, yes they are in fact viable! So those should hatch this week (although since I didn't intend on breeding, they most likely won't survive...).

Second spot of excitement...I finally managed to find some Trigonostigma hengli (Glowlight Rasbora) locally! T. espei would have been acceptable too...but finally feel like my stocking is done!

Alas, my friends look at me like I'm a total nerd when I get so excited about my fish
 
The week before I managed to find a pair of Tateurndina ocellicauda (Peacock Gudgeons) at one of LFS. Didn't take them long at all to make themselves a little cave (admittedly in an annoying spot), and spawn. Something I never expected because my water params doesn't usually line up with the advised pH/hardness. In fact, I'd assumed that perhaps the eggs might not even be properly fertilized, but squeezed myself in between the wall and tank to confirm, yes they are in fact viable! So those should hatch this week (although since I didn't intend on breeding, they most likely won't survive...).

Second spot of excitement...I finally managed to find some Trigonostigma hengli (Glowlight Rasbora) locally! T. espei would have been acceptable too...but finally feel like my stocking is done!

Alas, my friends look at me like I'm a total nerd when I get so excited about my fish


good luck mate with peacock gobies, hope everything goes well :good:
 
Well, I may go ahead and get a nice little sponge filter cycled so in the future if they are still inclined to breed I'll be well prepared to give them a safe and private home... currently they've chosen a spot dangerously close to one of the filter intakes, and ignored the pvc pipe choosing to use the back of a flower pot beneath some java moss instead. (Don't think I can move it without damaging the eggs, and don't have any fry food anyway.)
 
Well, I may go ahead and get a nice little sponge filter cycled so in the future if they are still inclined to breed I'll be well prepared to give them a safe and private home... currently they've chosen a spot dangerously close to one of the filter intakes, and ignored the pvc pipe choosing to use the back of a flower pot beneath some java moss instead. (Don't think I can move it without damaging the eggs, and don't have any fry food anyway.)


oh well hopefully be able to set up as they should spawn again and hopefully get some fry raised etc
 

Most reactions

Back
Top